Interesting PIREP

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
That is correct. The first sentence is the direct quote from the PIREP. Never read anything like that before in a PIREP.

Pedro

Not too happy...
Total Time
$$$$$$
Gee guys, gimme a break, that was me. It was very scary by the way, had to be there kind of thing...

StrykerFL

Treetop Flier
Total Time
I've spent the last week flying in the Orlando area in this low vis and haze and the only thing I was afraid of was being in the vicinity of DCA.

"Reesburg traffic, cornection 254 over shorerine rake Apopoka, srow fright."

:D

EagleRJ

Are we there yet?
Total Time
ATC is required to include any "descriptive language" that pilots use in making PIREPS, to better pass along what kind of conditions are out there. I've seen some humorous PIREPs in the past. "Getting bounced around like a basketball" is a favorite.

ISaidRightTurns

Total Time
EagleRJ said:
ATC is required to include any "descriptive language" that pilots use in making PIREPS, to better pass along what kind of conditions are out there.

'They don't put buttons on seats for approaches like that'

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
lol, i saw that one yesterday when i was using duats, about 9 or 10 am. i thought it was pretty funny.

with all the haze in the area yesterday, depending on if you were facing into the sun or not, visibility varied greatly. no sun, you could see about 5 miles. into the sun, forget it. the vis was pretty low.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
StrykerFL said:
I've spent the last week flying in the Orlando area in this low vis and haze and the only thing I was afraid of was being in the vicinity of DCA.

"Reesburg traffic, cornection 254 over shorerine rake Apopoka, srow fright."

:D
LMFAO!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

wrxpilot

The proud, the few
Total Time
-
cforst513 said:
lol, i saw that one yesterday when i was using duats, about 9 or 10 am. i thought it was pretty funny.

with all the haze in the area yesterday, depending on if you were facing into the sun or not, visibility varied greatly. no sun, you could see about 5 miles. into the sun, forget it. the vis was pretty low.
Same thing up by JAX this weekend. I couldn't see a thing in front of me or to the side, but I could see down. Seemed to vary from mostly 3 to occasionaly 5 vis until DAB, where it slowly got better. It was an interesting experience to fly in min VFR. Past MLB it was very clear.

starchkr

New Bus driver
Total Time
enough
Pirep a couple years back said "pilot sitting in his truck in a field watching his house blow away". This was during a strong hurricane back in 2002 either in LA or the far east TX area.

CFIcare

DMC driver
Total Time
88mph
I saw one once reported by a PA44, 3000' over TPA during a nasty winter front passage. He reported severe turbulence and the quote in the PIREP was "It was hell." :eek:

TriStar_drvr

Total Time
12000+
EagleRJ said:
ATC is required to include any "descriptive language" that pilots use in making PIREPS, to better pass along what kind of conditions are out there. I've seen some humorous PIREPs in the past. "Getting bounced around like a basketball" is a favorite.

I remember one when I was flying the canyon. It went something like this: Turbulence moderate. Remarks "The little white bags are being used."

EngineOut

Time to Make the Donuts!
I worked with a CFI who used to try to make up a funny (but accurate) remark for all his PIREPS and check DUATS as soon as he came back from the flight to see how they put it in there. I've since adopted his technique with my students. Makes learning and giving PIREPS fun! More PIREPS make safer flights for everyone!

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
wrxpilot said:
Same thing up by JAX this weekend. I couldn't see a thing in front of me or to the side, but I could see down. Seemed to vary from mostly 3 to occasionaly 5 vis until DAB, where it slowly got better. It was an interesting experience to fly in min VFR. Past MLB it was very clear.
Jeebus people training in Flordia need to come to the midwest in the summertime to fly...haze like that is a daily thing in IN/OH/KY! Westbound in the evening is even more sporty, still legal but next to zero forward vis. Its a very humbling situation for students to be in and a great learning tool for the CFI that isn't comfortable enough or able to take their primary students into IMC.

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
I'm gonna have to start giving more pireps. :)