Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting concept for setting per seat price.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
A friend and I were haveing a discussion the other day about....what else the airline industry and he came up with the idea of ALPA setting a minimum per seat price. Like .60 cents per seat FO and say 1.00 per seat for Captian. Then base your contracts off of that.

The benifits we came up with, collectively forcing airlines to raise prices simultaneously. Also with the minimum set it might take the focus off chopping prices and switch it back more to customer service. Would it be possible for ALPA to set and then enforce such a requirement?

Airline pilots should start working for tips. $1 per passenger for the FO, $2 per passenger for the Captain.

Rates would skyrocket!

U-I pilot said:
boxes dont tip too well......:rolleyes:
actually, they tip very easily, especially if they aren't secured. :D

I make more than a buck per seat per hour as a 30 seat Turbo prop capt. I guess that means I think this is a bad idea.

This isn't a serious suggestion, is it?

Photoflight said:
A friend and I were haveing a discussion the other day about....what else the airline industry and he came up with the idea of ALPA setting a minimum per seat price. Like .60 cents per seat FO and say 1.00 per seat for Captian. Then base your contracts off of that.

The benifits we came up with, collectively forcing airlines to raise prices simultaneously. Also with the minimum set it might take the focus off chopping prices and switch it back more to customer service. Would it be possible for ALPA to set and then enforce such a requirement?

Just what I always dreamed of...........$11.40/hr

Latest resources

Back