• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Interesting concept for setting per seat price.

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
Total Time
A friend and I were haveing a discussion the other day about....what else the airline industry and he came up with the idea of ALPA setting a minimum per seat price. Like .60 cents per seat FO and say 1.00 per seat for Captian. Then base your contracts off of that.

The benifits we came up with, collectively forcing airlines to raise prices simultaneously. Also with the minimum set it might take the focus off chopping prices and switch it back more to customer service. Would it be possible for ALPA to set and then enforce such a requirement?

mynameisjim

Don't try this at home
Total Time
Paycut
Airline pilots should start working for tips. $1 per passenger for the FO, $2 per passenger for the Captain.

Rates would skyrocket!

U-I pilot

Relaxation....
Total Time
boxes dont tip too well......:rolleyes:

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Total Time
U-I pilot said:
boxes dont tip too well......:rolleyes:
actually, they tip very easily, especially if they aren't secured. :D

millhouse21

No longer in the Sand Box
Total Time
I make more than a buck per seat per hour as a 30 seat Turbo prop capt. I guess that means I think this is a bad idea.

Guitar Guy

Charvel - San Dimas
Total Time
Enough
This isn't a serious suggestion, is it?

Mr Wu

Swe'gen
Total Time
Photoflight said:
A friend and I were haveing a discussion the other day about....what else the airline industry and he came up with the idea of ALPA setting a minimum per seat price. Like .60 cents per seat FO and say 1.00 per seat for Captian. Then base your contracts off of that.

The benifits we came up with, collectively forcing airlines to raise prices simultaneously. Also with the minimum set it might take the focus off chopping prices and switch it back more to customer service. Would it be possible for ALPA to set and then enforce such a requirement?

Just what I always dreamed of...........$11.40/hr