• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting article about J.Ornstein

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
everyones worst nightmare a megalomaniac with short-mans complex, power and money! :eek:

Mr. Ornstein, a stockbroker for nearly a decade before joining the airline business, admitted he had a recurring stock-picking habit, and said that in a good year his market gains could outweigh his substantial airline pay. In the year ended Sept. 30, 2006, Mesa paid him about $1.6 million in cash and stock and he had a $2.8 million gain from exercising stock options.

How's that make you mesa pilots feel that all your hard work goes to fund this a$$wipe's gambiling problem.

I saw a xmas card he sent out to all his employees in the trash....his daughter is smoking hot though. That would be one father-in-law i dont think i could take, no matter how hot and rich the daughter.

So what kind of free car got given away?

It's a SCION.

And the rumor is (and I can't confirm) . . . the lucky "winner" is actually given a 3 year lease on the car, at which time they're expected either buy or return it.

I'm not gonna vent on this topic (JO? The perfect CEO or the proverbial "I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire?" ) cuz I think the article pretty much speaks for itself.

Gotta love a Christmas party with "go-go dancers" at a swingers club he's part owner in. And although the first drink is free, the rest you gotta pay for. Just the sort of place I want to take my wife. Not like they already don't think pilots and flight attendants are a bunch of libertines anyway. Let's feed that myth, shall we?

Anyone wanna bet he's billing Mesa Air Group for the whole thing?

"Mr. Ornstein is a throwback to an era when airlines tended to resemble the personalities of their chief executives."

Mr Johnny O you couldn't suck from the ashtray of real leaders like CR Smith and Robert Six. Free cars for perfect attendance. Gee wonder where he stole that ideal from! At the end of the day all you manage is the sh!ttiest regional airline...

Last edited:
"Mr. Ornstein is a throwback to an era when airlines tended to resemble the personalities of their chief executives."

Mr Johnny O you couldn't suck from the ashtray of real leaders like CR Smith and Robert Six. Free cars for perfect attendance. Gee wonder where he stole that ideal from! At the end of the day all you manage is the sh!ttiest regional airline...

He's not fit to lick the shoes of Tom Davis,Sr.

Taking other airlines flying...........$19.00 an hour

Having quick upgrade and stall at CPT position...........1.5years

Get to fly a jet with 200 hours right out of flight school.........$90,000

Loosing flying to China when the contract is up in March 2007, 90,000 plus the interest, humiliation by others, and peers industry wide looking down on you.....................PRICELESS!

Taking other airlines flying (I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS ANYMORE)...........$19.00 an hour (nope, unless you're flying one of about 10 1900's or 15 dash-8's)

Having quick upgrade and stall at CPT position...........1.5years (nope, that's still the ballpark upgrade, faster on the beech or street hires on the dash)

Get to fly a jet with 200 hours right out of flight school.........$90,000 (nowhere near that much, and quite a few pay out of pocket anyway, that program is dying on the vine, and most pilots now come through the "right" way . .. . whatever that is)

Loosing (LOSING?) flying to China when the contract is up in March 2007 (WRONG AGAIN), 90,000 plus the interest, humiliation by others (WHO, YOU?), and peers (PILOTS NOT INCLUDING YOU?) industry wide looking down on you.....................PRICELESS! (JO's and certain a-hole flightino'ers wet dream)

Uh . . . . nope. What are you, JO's fan club charter member?

Everything about your post bespeaketh ignorance about Mesa pilots in general.

Tool.

Last edited:
WOW I think the person who defends MESA and their business goals is a tool. Since it seems like you think highly of MESA that would not make me a tool. By the way I am being ignorant about MESA pilots, I think Mesa Pilots are the one taking the bait and stepping all over other pilots shoes who are working hard to bring the pay rate up. Did I hear JO say he will just take away compnay planes when pilots try to ask for more money. Hence he has got MESA pilots by their ba11$. Considering ,most of MESA pilots can't afford to live with out a job. So they will sign another crappy contract. Or loose their jobs and come to an Airline that has been working hard to keep the pay rates up. And bring the level of pay down even more. Think about it Mr. I am defending MESA and people who work there. Oh may be you have a future in editing. Have fun editing this..............

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back