• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interested in Kalitta Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry Shieki. I couldn't help myself. There's NO bennie's at Kalitta !!!!! We're lucky to ride our own jumpseats and if the company could they would take that from us too!! ;)

Seat lock at Kalitta???

I attended the job fair in MIA and met with a training Capt from Kalitta and as he reviewed my resume he suggested the best way to get offered a interview/job was to get my FE written. I would not mind it however I heard a rumour of a seat lock for FE's of one year is that true? I have alot of time just no jet time and not much T-PIC time.

Thanks in advance

Why would anyone wear a suit and tie when Connie dosn't even own one!!!!! As far as an FE ticket goes....I can't think of one crewmember (senior that is) that wants to see FE's/2nd officer in the seat at all, Only PFE's !!!! I would not want to be in the back seat as an FE/2nd officer with this company. Trust me, there's more in life than going through that kind of punishment. As far as a seat lock, you may be right USA_ Av8r that's if there hiring FE's/2nd officer's. If it's true the good thing is the way thing's are going here, after a year in the FE seat you'll be a 747 Captain a week or two after you upgrade. Now isn't that a Scary thought. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How is the schedule you ask? I try not to look at it if I don't have too. I just get dissapointed. I have come to realize I will never fly my line and will have to kick and sream to get home on time for my days off!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, what he said ^

The lines are there because in the last contract it said that known flying will be published. OK, so they publish it. All you can count on is that you'll be working on your days "on".

I haven't had days off yet personally so I dont know about kicking and screaming to get home... I know you have to be pretty vocal or they'll forget about you. I've heard as long as you give them 24hours or so notice they'll get you home if thats what you want.

But who would want that??? Amsterdam rules!:)

If you guys are still on Probation I feel for you BUT...if your not on probation and are staying out on your days off BY CHOICE you are only hurting yourself and everyone else. As long as Connie gets away with this.. things will never change.

Latest resources

Back