• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integrating AAI into SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow!!! You know what our MC wants/needs to do and you also know how 50% or our pilot group will vote!! Read your post before you hit the submit button you moron. Have fun hanging around Guadalupe Holdings at your new pay rates....you might be there for a while.
The truth is that A/M (via B/M) has a pretty quick timeline once ONE of the parties files for arbitration.

Additionally, Guadalupe won't be around very long. It's a shell holding corporation to make the final transaction occur in the same state for tax purposes (that's all in the public filings). PCL covered it earlier in the thread...

What I *THINK* Dicko was saying (and I kind of said the same thing in my post above), was that it's going to be a heck of a tightrope for both MC's. They BOTH have to bring something that will pass vote with BOTH pilot groups, or it's going to arbitration. If one group thinks the MC's SLI solution is "unreasonable", it *COULD* result in something *WORSE* from an arbitrator.

That goes BOTH ways; could be worse for you, or it COULD be worse for US, that's the risk with an arbitrator; you never know what they're going to do.

It's in our best interests to keep control of the SLI outcome, but that's going to require some give-and-take. If BOTH sides can't do that and it fails member ratification at either carrier, it *WILL* go to arbitration. That's not a slam, just a statement of fact.

As I've said, I hope it can be avoided, for everyone's sake.

Last edited:
The truth is that A/M (via B/M) has a pretty quick timeline once ONE of the parties files for arbitration.

I wonder why you guys agreed to go to mediation first. Seems like that process could add quite a bit of time to the whole SLI process.....

-T45

Additionally, Guadalupe won't be around very long. It's a shell holding corporation to make the final transaction occur in the same state for tax purposes (that's all in the public filings). PCL covered it earlier in the thread...

What I *THINK* Dicko was saying (and I kind of said the same thing in my post above), was that it's going to be a heck of a tightrope for both MC's. They BOTH have to bring something that will pass vote with BOTH pilot groups, or it's going to arbitration. If one group thinks the MC's SLI solution is "unreasonable", it *COULD* result in something *WORSE* from an arbitrator.

That goes BOTH ways; could be worse for you, or it COULD be worse for US, that's the risk with an arbitrator; you never know what they're going to do.

It's in our best interests to keep control of the SLI outcome, but that's going to require some give-and-take. If BOTH sides can't do that and it fails member ratification at either carrier, it *WILL* go to arbitration. That's not a slam, just a statement of fact.

$100 bet to anyone who doesn't think this SLI is going to arbitration..... there is no way that you'd get both committees to agree, let alone get the pilots to vote it in.

I wonder why you guys agreed to go to mediation first. Seems like that process could add quite a bit of time to the whole SLI process.....

-T45
Probably because we want to give the process EVERY chance to work. Arbitration is a last resort, I personally would like to find something that is fair and doesn't upset a large portion of one of the groups, as the culture at Southwest is, to me, what makes the company such a great career. I don't want to see that destroyed.

Just my thoughts...

I agree, but what do AT pilots have to give other than senority?

Probably because we want to give the process EVERY chance to work. Arbitration is a last resort, I personally would like to find something that is fair and doesn't upset a large portion of one of the groups, as the culture at Southwest is, to me, what makes the company such a great career. I don't want to see that destroyed.

Just my thoughts...

Maybe there is hope a train wreck can be avoided ...

This has been answered many times. Gary Kelly understands it, why don't you ask him? Lose the chip.

So much for your "don't discuss SLI" pledge.

I understand Gary being VERY nice to outsiders about to be part of our culture. If you make him eat his words it will end poorly for you.

This has been answered many times. Gary Kelly understands it, why don't you ask him? Lose the chip.

Lol...I guess you're the expert on what GK understands, Ty, along with SLI Law and everything else that pertains to this acquisition...of course, in his official statements he did say he was going to hire all the AirTran employees, but that some of them might have to change jobs to stay employed...in my happy place he was talking about you and how you are going to be swinging gear for one of us soon ;), but I could be wrong ;):laugh::D...please don't presume to know what Gary Kelly does or does not understand and will or will not do to preserve the culture of this company that has been the cornerstone of its success...instead, focus your energies on coming up with productive and edifying discourse on how we can all work together to find a solution to this problem that will affect the course of our joint careers...then communicate those salient points to your MEC and M/A committee...and then chillax, dude, no matter how it all works out, you're gonna be way better off when its all said and done...I promise.

Peace
PapaWoody

Latest resources

Back