Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KnightwhosaysNi

For anyone with insight into this area please--

How much time, if any, would a newly type rated Citation Excel pilot with no jet experience and roughly 1500-2000 hours of King Air time need to fly with a typed, experienced, and current Excel captain initially to fulfill insurance requirements? I know many policies may be different, just trying to get a feel for what one could expect in this situation. Basically, how long before this person could qualify to fly as Excel captain for insurance purposes?Thanks

Is it 135 or 91. Most ins. will give 91 a break and have you only fly 25 hrs. with a higher time PIC. Also they will do about anything for a higher rate for a short time.

I have used a great agent that has worked wonders, if you need his number P.M. me, I have had him write for a 2000 hr. TT pic in a CE525 with a brand new ATP.

mobie said:
Is it 135 or 91. Most ins. will give 91 a break and have you only fly 25 hrs. with a higher time PIC. Also they will do about anything for a higher rate for a short time.

I have used a great agent that has worked wonders, if you need his number P.M. me, I have had him write for a 2000 hr. TT pic in a CE525 with a brand new ATP.
Check your PMs Knight. It's the broker that is going to make or break you. If he does not have a solid relationship with the underwriter, then it could be as high as 25 hours or more. A good broker will see to it that you are set free when proficient. You could get some brokers to talk the underwriter into 0 time with someone, but that would be foolish. Some guys need more than 25 hours, but egos would never let that surface out of their lips. It's all different, but the underwriter is going to be key. If you are a solid stick with an firm grasp on the systems and your Instrument skills are stong, 25 hours would not be necessary, though it would most certainly be prudent.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back