Instrument checkride tomorrow

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
wish me luck!!! i'm going in at 8:30 for the oral. chances are i won't get to fly b/c of this annoying tropical depression, but if the winds are not too bad, i'll try and get it done!!!

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
cforst513 said:
i'm going in at 8:30 for the oral.
Word on the street is that cforst gives great oral. He'll be fine.

pilothouston123

Total Time
>7,000
check rides are the only chance you get to show off your skills to someone who cares

unless he says stop this ride keep on and dont crash

Tarzan

Total Time
If you make a mistake..... DON'T QUIT!!!! One mistake in flying will not kill you, it will be a series of them. Don't quit over one! Good luck! This will be one of your more demanding flying rides. Oral is usually a joke.

moxiepilot

Florida Pimp
Total Time
24/7
uh, sounds like you're in florida. i'm gonna bet you have to put it off, but good lulck when you go. if you do go you'll get some great imc to do it in. watch out for that adf/ndb!

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Total Time
NA
First of all, Cforst good luck!!!

That said, is it true that if at any time durring a checkride, the examiner touches the yoke, you're finished?

jumppilot

Something in a box
Total Time
Good luck, but before you go, check out my signiture.

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
Total Time
UnAnswerd said:
First of all, Cforst good luck!!!

That said, is it true that if at any time durring a checkride, the examiner touches the yoke, you're finished?
no. during my cfi ride i only flew the things she wanted demonstrated. she flew to the practice area and back. during my comm checkride i did even less.

cforst,

dont forgett to check RAIM

NookyBooky

Beach Bum Extraordanaire
Total Time
ha!
Horay For You!

Congratulations! You are well on your way to being a sucessful pilot making twenty grand a year and having a kids sired by your pool boy because you were on the other side of the country and couldn't nail your wife yourself!

Last edited:

mayday1

Total Time
>1
UnAnswerd said:
if the successful/safe outcome of a manuever is ever in question, and the DE needs to intervene, yes you're done.

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
Good luck man, actually hopefully by now it should be congrats! Whos is the DE?

WMUchickenhawk

Total Time
NookyBooky said:
Congratulations! You are well on your way to being a sucessful pilot making twenty grand a year and having a kids sired by your pool boy because you were on the other side of the country and couldn't nail your wife yourself!
Don't get his hopes up, there's no way he could afford a pool, let alone the pool boy to go with it. More likely it'll be the mailman.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
Flechas said:
Good luck man, actually hopefully by now it should be congrats! Whos is the DE?
ken luckett did my oral exam. it went just fine. in fact, it was less of a test atmosphere and more of a learning session. if possible, i would have loved to sit down with him and talked for a few more hours. the way he ties real life into the points he's trying to make is entertaining and helpful. it's nice to get a realistic view of things.

as for the flight:
KEVB 081450Z 36025G36KT 3SM -RA BKN008 OVC030 26/24 A2983

i ain't going nowhere today :) take out the wind, though, and i woulda loved to fly in this weather! i am on for monday at 11 am. i'll let you know how it goes!!!!

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
Congrats on the oral CFrost!! The flight should be just as good, Luckett is a good guy to flight with when he's in a good mood! ;)