Insight on how to get on with SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whatfuelpolicy

I am orignally from the DFW area and I am extremely interested in getting on with SWA as a dispatcher. I have been dispatching for about 6 years and have never seen them post a job for Dispatch. Anyone know any "ins"?

whatfuelpolicy said:
I am orignally from the DFW area and I am extremely interested in getting on with SWA as a dispatcher. I have been dispatching for about 6 years and have never seen them post a job for Dispatch. Anyone know any "ins"?

they don't hire dispatchers externally.

The best way is to start is with an entry level job. I started on the ramp. Unfortunately, Dallas ramp is pretty senior, and they aren't hiring either. MDW, BWI, LAS, PHL are to name a few cities that hire off the street. Also, I'm almost certain, pilot or fa scheduling sometimes hires off the street (and that's in Dallas) . GOOD LUCK..... IT'S WORTH IT!!!

I've heard that they only hire internally from a few people now. Problem is I cant afford to take the paycut to go work the ramp and wait for a position in dispatch to open up. How often do positions come available in dispatch?

What is the deal with all of the other airlines (i.e. COA, TRS, etc.) posting jobs and never calling anyone? This crap is getting frustrating!

whatfuelpolicy said:
What is the deal with all of the other airlines (i.e. COA, TRS, etc.) posting jobs and never calling anyone? This crap is getting frustrating!

How in the world would you know if they call anyone or not?

I have friends that work for both carriers and they let me know when jobs are posted. The jobs stay posted for a couple of days and then disappear and no-one ever gets hired.

I got called by Continental today, so they are calling people.

About six months I go I interviewed with SWA for a Dispatch Instructor position. They had posted the job on their website and I just applied online. I was surprised when they called me for an interview. To my knowledge that is about the only way to hire on into dispatch from the outside.

Latest resources

Back