Injustice in Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NYRANGERS

The dangers of flying to third world countries with fourth world governments.

Federal Judge Says No and American Pilots Cannot Leave Brazil
[Written by José Wilson Miranda Monday, 13 November 2006
American pilots Joseph Lepore and Jan Paul Paladino cannot leave Brazil as they had asked in a petition to the Brazilian federal justice.
A federal judge from Sinop, a little city in the north of Cuiabá, capital of Mato Grosso state, dismissed the pilots request to get their passports back so that they can return to the United States.

http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/7519/53/

Last edited:
I think these pilots will be released when some hire-up official gets the pay-off from someone on the pilot's behalf! They will call it "Legal Fee's" to expedite the pilots prompt release.

Did the Legacy turn off their transponder?

Why did 155 citizens die with two TCAS equipped aircraft?

The answer is stored on the Legacy's FDR showing exactly what the switch position of the TCAS/TRANSPONDER was at the time of the accident.

If it was intentionally switched off, 155 people died because of those pilots malicious disregard for the system. If it failed then it will be reported as such.

We shall see.

The answer is stored on the Legacy's FDR showing exactly what the switch position of the TCAS/TRANSPONDER was at the time of the accident.

Hmmm... I didn't think that that info might be on the FDR. But the FDR's on these new planes probably have ton's more data points than the old ones on the MD-80 I'm flying.

I don’t know about the FDR but ATC should be able to tell. I would like to wait for the final report (if there ever will be one) before I make to many guesses.

It is normal, for a judge to keep people around if there is an ongoing investigation. No reason to let someone go if there is the possibility of them disappearing after a possible criminal charge. This legal procedure is true in Brazil, USA, Austria, Canada, Mexico and the rest of the western hemisphere. By the way, Brazil is not third world...

Last edited:
Hey Glass, that's not a Norton's in your Avatar is it?

I'm not a rider, but my Father-in-law, just bought one.

Last edited:
Brazil is NOT a third world country....

Plus they have the FINEST women on the planet :}

Legacy was at odd altitude as instructed by ATC. They are trying to say the pilots should have climbed to 360 when they lost comm. I feel for those guys, not a nice place to be in jail

Latest resources

Back