Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Fins,

I agree with you, you are not our enemy, especially in times like these. We probably do need to work together---there, I said it. But, what will we do with our 1060 pilots out? What is the plan? Those of us left at mainline are going to be helping management---probably giving back some pay etc---so we are looking forward too. But what about the pilots on the street? Please tell me what you would do.

Bye Bye--General Lee:confused: :rolleyes:

Here's my 1 1/2 cents on this:

We (the mainline and WO DCI pilots) agree that the 1060 will begin filling all future vacancies. Until there is a real single list, they go to the bottom of the DCI lists, but with DOH for pay (no furloughee should have to start at $19/hr)

All DCI contracts with other than the WOs to be terminated or allowed to expire at the end of the current contract, with the flying to be covered by the WOs (and thereby the 1060)

Agree to allow Leo et al to go over the current block hour and hull limits if and only if all that flying goes to WOs and the 1060.

We then lock the 3 MECs in a room with no food or water til we can figure out a mutually agreeable way to combine the lists.

Feel free to flame away.

cf34,

Not wanting to flame, but there is no way in hell that a pilot should be allowed on our list with special pay rules. Seniority is seniority, period. As long as we have a contract, all pilots will abide by it. We fought long and hard for it.
I hope the furloughrd pilots make it ok, but we have a contract we fought hard for and ther will be a battle if this J4J crap is tried.
We contribute to Delta's bottom line and are an important part of the company.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
cf34,

Not wanting to flame, but there is no way in hell that a pilot should be allowed on our list with special pay rules. Seniority is seniority, period. As long as we have a contract, all pilots will abide by it. We fought long and hard for it.
I hope the furloughrd pilots make it ok, but we have a contract we fought hard for and ther will be a battle if this J4J crap is tried.
We contribute to Delta's bottom line and are an important part of the company.

Let me try to clairfy. They won't be on "our" list with special pay rules, we'd all be on one list. The pay would simply reflect that fact, sort of an upfront retro pay.

I was here for contract 98, had plenty of fun with Arion, Bubba, G&J. I walked with the CMR guys during their strike. I know all about working hard for a contract. So do the mainline guys. So does our ACC, ask them how management feels about our contracts. They have expensive legal teams shooting holes in them full time.

If we're REALLY going to have any kind of long term security, we will only get it with the support of the mainline pilots. We as a group (ASA) have no real bargaining power. Ask the CMR guys who used to be based in MCO. Better yet, go look at the DFW satillite terminal and count the SkyWest (and soon the Chitaqua) tails.

I am in no way in favor of any sort of J4J deal. I AM in favor of a single list for mainline and the WOs.

Personally, I doubt it will ever happen, but we need to offer the mainline guys some incentive, theyre the only group on the property with any real bargaining leverage. The "special pay rules" are simply a step in that direction.

Latest resources

Back