Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL/ASA flow

ASA is hiring Delta furloughees and allowing them to keep their
mainline seniority. They are still going to the bottom of the seniority list here at ASA.

601Pilot

asa placing ads

I know members have been running this issue into the ground in other threads, but I'm getting frustrated. This ad was posted on planejobs within the past 96 hours (ASA probably posted it on Monday). Maybe ASA has asked planejobs.com to stop running this ad and they havent gotten around to getting it out of the system..who knows. What the heck is ASA doing? Are they interview or accepting applications or not. I thought the pool was overflowing from last year. Maybe some of the ASA pilots on here can shed some insight.

Title: Pilots

Company: ATLANTIC SOUTHEAST AIRLINES
Job Type: Full-time Employment
Type: Permanent

Requirements: Total time: 1200 hours Multi-engine: 200 hours A current aviation job At least 100 hours currency in the last 6 months Desired is FAR 121/135 experience.

Contact Information:

[email protected]
Phone: 404-766-1400 Fax: 404-763-8397
ATLANTIC SOUTHEAST AIRLINES

Preferred Response Method:
How to apply: Atlantic Southeast Airlines Attn: Pilot Recruiting 100 Hartsfield Center Pkwy, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30354 Fax: 404-763-8397 [email protected] Recruiting Office: 404-766-1400

Last edited:
I've seen these automatic job postings before. In a couple of days, you will find it removed. As for hiring, I think it will be a while. Had an hour long discussion with the Senior Vice Pres of Flight Operations a couple of weeks ago, and he was quite candid with us.

1) EMB-120's gone in ATL by June.
2) EMB-120's gone in DFW by August.

This leaves about 131 surplus pilots due to the fact that the CRJ deliveries are not going to keep pace with the retirements of the EMB's. We asked of furloughs. He said absolutely no chance. " I need to furlough pilots for more than 10 months in order for it to save any money, and I will need all of them within that time."

I know it goes against the current DAL PWA, but it was mentioned that ASA is interested in additional CRJ-700's and has no interest in the CRJ-900 (quoted as being a "dog").

As for interviewing, the best explaination I've heard comes from the fact that ASA would like to have a ready available pool for last minute changes. Realizing that some qualified pilots are not going to sit in the ASA pool for a year means that new fish need to be added every now and then.

Yeah that makes sense ASAPuppy.......

so basically, ASA's quietly interviewing pilots on an as needed basis just to keep the level of the pool the same in the event something comes up where they need pilots at a moments notice? I can understand qualified pilots leaving the pool if they're offered a job from another airline.

I'm new to www.planejobs.com. I'm wondering if just because a specific airline is a subscriber to planejobs, their server automatically posts new ads on a regular basis, weather or not the airline requested the new ad or not. Thats kind of crummy because it makes us think that these companies are really needing pilots and they intentionally posted the ad (by a real person).

Thanks for the reply!!

Last edited:
Yes, I had to jump on here. I just wanted to say that I am greatful that ASA has hired some Delta furloughs, and even though it is a small number (13 or so), it is widely known that you have offered help. There was an article in the last ATL Council 44 Roar magazine that said your airline, and not Comair, has helped. About 4500 Delta pilots in ATL got copies, and I am sure they noted that. This will not go on the way side, and when we start to hire again someday in the future, the interviewers will know about your help, and hopefully there will be some sort of preferential hiring. (People like me will get the word out)

Bye Bye--General Lee:)

Latest resources

Back