• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Information on ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I may say so, I think it rather silly that we hired anyone off the street with DAL guys on furlough. I think we should all be working to "keep it in the family."

I'm sure that when we resume hiring, we'll hire more DAL guys. However, I hope a little comes our way when things turn around.

ATL EMB crews finishing jet training?

ASApuppy, or anyone in training or knowledgeable, know if the ATL EMB crews are still in retraining, or are they finished ? And has anyone heard when the DFW crews will start retraining?

Thanks.

The ATL displacements are not yet done. The final people will have new position awards on the May Awards. These awards should be out sometime this week. They will then have to go to training, which will probably take at least two months or more.

The DFW crews are currently slowly being retrained, but our base will be active at least thru August. Some moreof the ATL guys were recently displaced out to DFW effective May 1st. If the retirements stay on schedule (a very big if) then the last of the DFW EM2 crews should go to training around the end of August begining of September. This will have them trained aruond the end of October.

That all assumes of course that the retirements stay on schedule. We'll see. Check back mid summer to see how we are doing.

I was at FSI today and we (ASA) are definetly interviewing for the pool. They were doing 6 a day. They were just regular applicants, not from any special program.

We are short on pilots in some areas, but training is backed up due to the retraining of E-120 pilots. The E-120 will be out of ATL on May 3rd.

There is talk of a new aircraft type to replace the CR7. They are looking at the B-717 and A-319. For BGen Lee, I know all about your scope, but that is what they are looking at. Could get interesting.

sleepy said:

They are looking at the B-717 and A-319. For BGen Lee, I know all about your scope, but that is what they are looking at. Could get interesting.

"They" being who??? The A319 has been a running vrew room joke for quite some time.

What a tool.

717's or A319's. Yeah, right.

Besides, it'd do us all better to have them on the mainline property than on ours anyway.

Sleepy,

No, I am not getting into a pissing contest with you. I know people are saying a lot of things, and nothing is certain. But, you as well as I know that our PWA will not allow anything other than the 57 70 seaters for DCI---unless something is negotiated. I doubt that with 1060 pilots out on the street, any DCI carrier will get anything other than the 57 heavy RJ's. But, you have an advantage over your Comair brothers when it comes to eventually flying something bigger than the 70 seater in the Delta family. Our VP of Flt Ops--Joe Kolshack---is said to be very receptive to our guys asking about mainline CRJ70's for the furloughs. He said that they really would like more. I think Dalpa could negotiate a reasonable rate that Delta would agree to. We know that we aren't getting any new aircraft for a couple years, but have 1060 guys out. The RJ's are the only way to help them get back in the cockpit. The A318/A319 rumor is a good one because Fred Reid brought the A320 and A340 to Lufthansa when he headed that corporation. But, I have heard that the 737-600 is the leading candidate because Delta wants to have one common type rating for the 737-600, 737-800, 757/767 (with new modified cockpits at $2mil each), 767-400, and 777. That would save a lot on training, and the FAA has supposedly already approved it for Delta. That is all I have on that. But remember Sleepy---you are closer than you think to that Delta 757 if you ever want to go fly it---that is for sure.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Re: What a tool.

sabreliner said:
717's or A319's. Yeah, right.

Besides, it'd do us all better to have them on the mainline property than on ours anyway.

Why, you don't think there will be any mainline jobs left that are any better do you?

I'm am just passing along information from several well placed and independent sources from the GO and the union. Maybe it won't happen, who knows. Remember, a bird in hand......

General Lee said:
Sleepy,

No, I am not getting into a pissing contest with you. I know people are saying a lot of things, and nothing is certain. But, you as well as I know that our PWA will not allow anything other than the 57 70 seaters for DCI---unless something is negotiated. I doubt that with 1060 pilots out on the street, any DCI carrier will get anything other than the 57 heavy RJ's. But, you have an advantage over your Comair brothers when it comes to eventually flying something bigger than the 70 seater in the Delta family. Our VP of Flt Ops--Joe Kolshack---is said to be very receptive to our guys asking about mainline CRJ70's for the furloughs. He said that they really would like more. I think Dalpa could negotiate a reasonable rate that Delta would agree to. We know that we aren't getting any new aircraft for a couple years, but have 1060 guys out. The RJ's are the only way to help them get back in the cockpit. The A318/A319 rumor is a good one because Fred Reid brought the A320 and A340 to Lufthansa when he headed that corporation. But, I have heard that the 737-600 is the leading candidate because Delta wants to have one common type rating for the 737-600, 737-800, 757/767 (with new modified cockpits at $2mil each), 767-400, and 777. That would save a lot on training, and the FAA has supposedly already approved it for Delta. That is all I have on that. But remember Sleepy---you are closer than you think to that Delta 757 if you ever want to go fly it---that is for sure.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

I hear you MGen Lee, and I am not trying to stir the pot. I have gotten this info from several different (good) sources over the last few weeks, and would not pass it along if it was just something I heard in the lounge. I don't know what the future holds, but I know that I (and most ASA pilots for that matter) will never see a DAL 757, hell, your furloughed guys won't even be back for several years. Then there will be all of the pilots from the liquidated U and AAA ahead of us in line. Oh, and all of the Desert Storm II vets.

Latest resources

Back