Information on ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airtower

i am going up for interview with ASA soon and was wondering if anyone here had any recent info about the company concerning financial events? or even any new special information anyone has heard?
thanks in advance!

Joseph Gonzalez

interesting

i thought asa was holding off on all hiring till next year. at least that's what they told me in dallas. they have displaced pilots(from the props) going to need training in the rj.

ASA interview

Hey guys,

I just wanted to put in my two cents. I was at FSI Atlanta today the 26th. I am just wrapping up training on the RJ as a new hire, and I noticed a small group of interview suits studying there FARS. I asked who they were interviewing with and they said ASA, I was very surprised. They said they had known of the interview for about month.

They did say that it was a small group and said they did not think interviews would be called for others. I am pretty sure though that these were not intern interviews, one guy was probably late 30's early 40's, no way he was an intern, but he was interviewing.

It may be the FSI flow through folks, I just did not ask. Regardless, I would say by summer ASA will crank up the interviews again, but with the EMB120 really going bye bye, it could be next year. There really are so many factors in the equation as to how it all plays out in terms of growth.

ASA is great so far, and I expect it to continue. It is well worth the wait if you get the call down the road. The RJ training program is well structured and full of great instructors.

Good luck to all, and lets hope interviews get going again soon.

So I wont be 20 something from the bottom!!

Medeco

not to crush the previous post....

but yesterday with my interview with the chief pilot, Bob Dillon, he explained to me that they do not expect hiring till at least November - December. i hope i am wrong on this, but i would assume that information is pretty accurate.

Joseph Gonzalez

but yesterday with my interview with the chief pilot, Bob Dillon, he explained to me that they do not expect hiring till at least November - December. i hope i am wrong on this, but i would assume that information is pretty accurate.

Bob can only repeat what he has been told and that can change in 10 minutes.

Interviewing in February with hiring in November doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sounds like the company is keeping their options open.

My guess is classes this June.

I would agree with RJCAP in regard to what Mr. Dillon can say to the interview prospects.

A former VP at ASA has said to me many times, the only people that know what is going to happen next is Skip Barnett and the Delta folks above him, then he sends it down the chain and a week later things are 180 degrees from what they were yesterday.

I know things are different now with the EMB retirement, but they stopped and started hiring at least 3 times last year.

Keep your hope up.
Medeco

Latest resources

Back