Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Anyone interview w/ Alpha Flying/ Plane Sense...out of MHT?

There are a bunch of guys here that work for alpha.

Looking for any simple interview gouge and/or tips..(No gouge out there any where in internet land)......Should I expect a Sim Ride, What type?.......Is there an ATP style written?.....What is the HR portion like? Etc. etc....

I was hired before 91K went into effect and before they changed the hiring process. The sim ride from what I hear is to test your basic instrument flying skills, flying some approaches etc ILS/VOR. The rest of the interviews HR, captains board etc focus on the type of flying we do as well as customer interaction skills (ie having a good/friendly personality). Know your regs, 61 / 91 and 91K. Know your IFR procedures, we shoot more circling GPS/NDB approaches than ILS so know them all. We fly in an out of more uncontrolled fields than towered fields. Realize flying is half the job, customer service is the other half, if our "owners" / customers don't like us, the company is out of business and we're out of a job.
Review http://www.planesense.aero
Don't show up thinking the PC12 is a piston twin or that we are a charter company.

What ots said. We are not a charter company for sure! Thanks for bringing up the non-existant interview info, something to work on. As an overall company, you cannot beat the experience of working for Alpha. It is a rather well run, profressional atmosphere (why the heck did they hire me?? :confused:). The pilot group is great, and we have a ton of fun on the road. I would highly recommend coming over and checking things out.

FYI, Pilatus announced a gross weight increase of 530 lbs along with some other improvments. That extra useful load will sure take guess work out of fuel loads from now on. TOP IT OFF!!

Hope to see you on the line.

I read they require a college degree. Is this true????? Thats something that will get you a long way in a single. Aside from that, actually looks like a fun job. Whats the schedule like. How is life in N.H.

We work 6/4 but it's more like 5/5. Also you are not gone your whole six days. Life is not bad in NH. Good skiing and outdoor type stuff. COL is a little high. Pay is good and most of the pilots are great to work with. It's a very fun job. Cool overnights, Short fields and grass strips.

Last edited:
av8orboy said:
We work 6/4 but it's more like 5/5. Also you are not gone your whole six days. Life is not bad in NH. Good skiing and outdoor type stuff. COL is a little high. Pay is good and most of the pilots are great to work with. It's a very fun job. Cool overnights, Short fields and grass strips.

For those people who do end up leaving Alpha Flying, where do they tend to go? Do they go to the other fractionals (Avantair, NJA, etc.) or do you have people leaving for regionals? Is single-engine turbine valued in the market (hey, I know the PC-12 is a great aircraft)?

Lastly, if you were to name your most frequent destinations what would they be? Are you hitting mostly the Northeast (TEB, HPN, IAD, etc.) or do you get down to Florida and places West often?

Latest resources

Back