• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info on Plane Sense/ Alpha Flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you still have to live in or 1 hour from HQers?

I read on another thread AF was considering changing their domicile policy.

Thanks,
LAFF

http://www.avweb.com/avwebbiz/news/Alpha_Flying_Expands_PC12_Bases_195103-1.html

Alpha Flying – better known under its fractional program name PlaneSense -- is stretching its wings to the south. The 11-year-old fractional and largest operator of the Pilatus PC-12 is expanding. It currently operates 28 tried and true Pilatus PC-12s and manages the virtual palindrome of 82 pilots who fly them from one single pilot base in Manchester, N.H.. That base will move in the fall to an 84,000-sq-ft facility in Portsmouth, N.H., with the addition of two new bases -- one at Atlanta Peachtree/DeKalb and another at Fort Lauderdale Executive. Last year, Alpha Flying added 35 pilots, 12 mechanics and 12 schedulers. Growth is expected to continue, supplemented by its new Southeastern haunts. The company serves the U.S. east of the Mississippi, as well as Canada and the Bahamas, and is accepting resumes for pilots.

(2 hour call out policy, you must live within 2 hours of MHT PDK or FXE)

http://www.avweb.com/avwebbiz/news/Alpha_Flying_Expands_PC12_Bases_195103-1.html

Alpha Flying – better known under its fractional program name PlaneSense -- is stretching its wings to the south. The 11-year-old fractional and largest operator of the Pilatus PC-12 is expanding. It currently operates 28 tried and true Pilatus PC-12s and manages the virtual palindrome of 82 pilots who fly them from one single pilot base in Manchester, N.H.. That base will move in the fall to an 84,000-sq-ft facility in Portsmouth, N.H., with the addition of two new bases -- one at Atlanta Peachtree/DeKalb and another at Fort Lauderdale Executive. Last year, Alpha Flying added 35 pilots, 12 mechanics and 12 schedulers. Growth is expected to continue, supplemented by its new Southeastern haunts. The company serves the U.S. east of the Mississippi, as well as Canada and the Bahamas, and is accepting resumes for pilots.

(2 hour call out policy, you must live within 2 hours of MHT PDK or FXE)

Wow! That's new - I didn't know that you added PDK and FXE to the mix. Much better options for pilots now - especially if you don't want to live in the cold NE...

Are the types of flights or schedules you fly any different if you are based down South? In other words, are you more likely to fly around the South if you live in that area and vice versa?

The new domicile thing is brand new and no one who is from either of those bases have been through class yet. I'm not quite sure how the flying schedule would work out, but I would bet that more airlining will be done from the 'outside' bases. It will be nice to have this option now.

With the new bases opening, will they be hiring directly into the left seat? Do they have enough people up in MHT willing to relocate?

Hung

With the new bases opening, will they be hiring directly into the left seat? Do they have enough people up in MHT willing to relocate?

Hung

I think only a very few of the 90 or so pilots we have will be moving to a new base. If 5 or more moved, I'd be suprised. This whole deal is to help attract new talent from the ATL and South FL area.

As far as the direct hire left seat thing, I think there would be a revolt if that happened! :laugh:

Latest resources

Back