Info on PBI Overnight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
slowto250 said:
Howsabout Jet Aviation ? Always had good service and smiles.

Try Chuck and Harold's restaurant on Worth Ave. Good food and scenery : )
Chuck (Muir), a very accomplished sailor, disappeared in the western caribbean years ago. No trace of him or his vessel has ever been found to my knowledge.
One of the better examples of the "Bermuda Triangle" influence out there.

Nice legend, but a little inaccurate.They were lost just off the Palm Beach County area. Sounds like they might have not heeded the weather for a water crossing and ended up like the typical Doctor/Lawyer/Rich guy in a light plane. Or maybe their cellphone signal was escaping the tri-linear magnetic vortex as they were transported to another dimension ;)

After living here awhile, the usual drill is a few people regularly donate themselves to that crossing in boats and light planes due to failure to watch the weather.:confused:

C-150ETOPS said:
Nice legend, but a little inaccurate.They were lost just off the Palm Beach County area. Sounds like they might have not heeded the weather for a water crossing and ended up like the typical Doctor/Lawyer/Rich guy in a light plane. Or maybe their cellphone signal was escaping the tri-linear magnetic vortex as they were transported to another dimension ;)

After living here awhile, the usual drill is a few people regularly donate themselves to that crossing in boats and light planes due to failure to watch the weather.:confused:

Don't wanna start a pi$$ing contest wit ya....but what, specifically, was "inaccurate" ?

Chuck and his party set sail from the Bahamas on March 11, 1993 with the Palm Beach coast as their destination. No trace of them or their vessel (Charley's Crab) has ever been located. A 911 call (ostensibly placed from Chuck's cell phone) was received in the early morning hours of March 13, 1993, but reception was too poor to affix their position.

Chuck was more than a casual sailor, having pursued this interest for the better part of four decades.

Truth be told, his pre-departure weather planning could not have revealed the arrival of the "storm of the century", prior to his arrival on the east coast of Florida. It fooled some of the best meteorolgists and computer models available.

History will show that quite a few lifelong mariners and professional seamen lost their lives during this storm, dismissing your intimations concerning his or his boats' "seaworthiness", and the severity of the weather involved.

I do appreciate your observations regarding rich guys and weekend warriors, both on the sea ,and in the air. Just don't believe this tragedy falls into that category. But what do I know ? I fly airplanes for a living, and have to wait for a rich guy to write me a check every 2 weeks : )

Latest resources

Back