Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BE200Driver

Hey Guys,

Going to PBI this weekend and looking for some info on places to stay, eat and play some golf. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS. Working on a King Air budget!

Thanks

Thanks wahoo250. I'll check it out

If you are flying into Signature, I know that in the past they have had arrangements with local courses where they can get you on to golf for free. They have been pretty good courses too. Give them a call a talk to somebody down there.

Signature PBI sux. We have been going to Galaxy for years, great service. They will hook you up if you're a golfer, too. Carmine's for seafood, or the Water Way Cafe for happy hour, chicks or just a great meal. For steak, goto Raindancer on Palm Beach Lakes.

Howsabout Jet Aviation ? Always had good service and smiles.

Try Chuck and Harold's restaurant on Worth Ave. Good food and scenery : )
Chuck (Muir), a very accomplished sailor, disappeared in the western caribbean years ago. No trace of him or his vessel has ever been found to my knowledge.
One of the better examples of the "Bermuda Triangle" influence out there.

The best place to eat in the PBI area is "little Moir's Food Shack" in Jupiter! It is a very small place in a shopping center up in Jupiter along US 1. They open at 5 (closed on Sunday's" and if you get there past 5:45 PM, you will be waiting at least 1 hour or more. There specialty is their crusted fish over greens, and their appetizers are great too. the sweet potato crusted hogfish is awesome!

They have been written up in the Palm Beach Post and New York Times as the best place to eat in Palm Beach. They are located at the corner of US1 and Indiantown road. 103 S. US 1, Jupiter.
The prices are very reasonable also. It is not your typical snooty Palm Beach seafood place. wahoo250 mentioned the reef grill, which is pretty good, but the food shack is definetly much better. I think the chef/owner at the Food Shack was previously the head chef at the reef grill.

enjoy!

Thanks guys. I am going to use Galaxy this time. I have been into Jet @ PBI before, as I used to work for them (BED location). I have never spent any time in the Palm Beach area though.

Again, thanks for the input and we'll check out some of those spots.

Eric

Have to go to..

Larry's Open Door Saloon, better known as Larry's Open Sore to the locals. If it's still open.

It's in the Lake Worth area, it was rated in the top ten dive(not SCUBA) bars on US 1;Maine to Florida by Hustler, Penthouse or Playboy in the early 90's.

The clients range from bums off the streets to people that drive a Rolls to hookers to college girls.

Latest resources

Back