• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info on Avantair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Attrition (pilot) just went up a notch this week.

The chief pilot was fired this past Thursday. He was not offered a line slot to stay.

New ownership of the company this past week also.

Several flight center people left also.

Stay tuned

Don't know the specific reason or reasons. But good source says it came from the top. Probably take a while to find out. From what I've heard, no one internally is interested in the job. They may have to look outside the company to find out. They tried that last time with the DO and it proved to be a diaster. Don't forget the previous chief pilot left earlier this year along with a couple of pilots.

Both Premiers were turned in this week. Probably no jets in the company's future for a while.

New owners in the company effective last Thursday.

Anyway if you come to Avantair, be suspicious of all the management types, including the check airman/ground training staff, etc. They generally spout out lots of SH@T.

man oh man i met a guy out in ict a couple of months ago going for training or to pick up a new jet for you guys. Seemed pretty excited.

what are the mins to apply for avantair, and what are the bases?

Just wondering to see what i have to do to get my time in.

And yes I know I am low time. any info would help.

1500TT
500ME
200 Instrument
100 "recent" high speed turbine
Ist class Med

They just posted for FOs on climbto350 web site.

Within 30 days of hire, must relocate within 2 hrs drving time of MIA, JAX, FLL, MCO, TPA, or PIE.

No mention of hiring at their CDW base, or RNO for that matter. Friends there say the RNO base may close in favor of Las Vegas or Van Nuys?

25K to start as FO. Medical, 401K, defered profit sharing plan (3 years deferred)

What's the best way to get a resume to Avantair?

Do you have the pilot recruiters email address?

Noticed an ATP is not required, but 1500 TT is a requirement, do you get your ATP ticket during the copilot checkride?

Thanks

Last edited:
Resumes to [email protected]

Encouraged to resubmit resumes every 60 days.

If they are interested in you, they will phone contact you.

Followed by an interview in PIE. They hold monthly interview sessions in PIE.

They will pay up to $250.00 if you have to buy an airline ticket to interview.

I don't know about the ATP thing; right now all training is done in the airplane until the Flight Safety sim comes up in 2006. I hear the PBI sim facility suffered hurricane damage and all training there is on hold. The systems stuff is done at PBI now. One week.

Provided you have the ATP written passed, they may allow you to take the ATP ride in the airplane. Good question to ask in the interview. I don't think it has been done , yet!

As of right now, you can't do the ATP in the airplane. The checkairman is not a DE and can't give certificate rides. A recent new hire had to go to All ATP's in LAL to take his ATP ride before he took his PIC ride.

Hopefully this will change when the flight training and checkrides are done in the sim at FSI.

Dilligaff

Latest resources

Back