Info on Avantair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Apache 5

Any info on Avantair would be appreciated...have an interview for FO position scheduled. Have alot of info on the company and aircraft, I guess looking for any ideas on interview tips, gouge, etc... Saw on aviationinterviews a few posts by Captain applicants, anyone gone through on the right seat side? Any other company news would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I inteviewed with them not too long ago. It is not a big deal, no sim ride @ PIE at least. Just know a bit about the company and show interest in working there, honestly you'll be fine.

Also be prepared to work for peanuts.

Good Luck.

Peanuts- yeah, i think they said 25k to start with 4k raises- dont know how long. Beats some 1st yr regional salaries, though. Considering all options at this pt. I guess you didnt take the position?

ClubORD said:
I inteviewed with them not too long ago. It is not a big deal, no sim ride @ PIE at least. Just know a bit about the company and show interest in working there, honestly you'll be fine.

Also be prepared to work for peanuts.

Good Luck.

ClubORD is correct; it is no big deal and you will do fine......because they need warm bodies. Folks leaving like rats swimming from a sinking ship.

There are only two reasons to go there; log time, or a love affair with the Avanti. Neither of which pay the bills. Management treats you like meat and makes no bones about it.

Training

hyper said:
ClubORD is correct; it is no big deal and you will do fine......because they need warm bodies. Folks leaving like rats swimming from a sinking ship.

There are only two reasons to go there; log time, or a love affair with the Avanti. Neither of which pay the bills. Management treats you like meat and makes no bones about it.

Why are people leavin? What is the upgrade time?

Where do they train, sim in the system yet?

Tx.

I am there and we have had 2 people leave in the past 3 months, I hardly think that is "rats jumping off a sinking ship" you know alot Hyper

interview I had was totally personal stuff, how did you get into flying? why leave your job? no tech questions

I start OCT 31 and am looking for gouge on the airplane, limitations and such

anybody care to help?

whiskytangofoxt said:
I am there and we have had 2 people leave in the past 3 months, I hardly think that is "rats jumping off a sinking ship" you know alot Hyper

It's actually more than that WTF, and I really don't know "alot" (ask my wife) but thanks for the compliment. The attrition rate is not appealing, but let's hope it improves. I suppose all in all, it's better than it was a year ago.

Brewerdog, Flight Safety has a great ground program now and they'll fill you in with all you need. It beats the days of old for sure.

Latest resources

Back