Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crxpilot

Waaasssuuuupppppp!!!!!
Can anyone fill me in on pay rates for captains at Citationshares?
I see they have minimums for captains listed online, are they currently hiring any?
Also, what are the odds of getting an SFO domicile?
Comparison with other fractionals?
Any other relevant info you can provide.

I'm not a CitationShares pilot, but one of my closest, long time buddies is, so I can answer a few of your questions.

Captain's pay is $64k/yr (although I think they actually only pay you $50k until you get your 100 hours and get off "High Mins".)

I'm pretty sure they have gotten away from hiring Captains off the street. Everyone pretty much is hired as a First Officer, although for a certain select few, that time as a First Officer may only be a month or two before they upgrade. Normally, upgrades are running around a year, or until you get 500 hours of jet time (if you don't already have that).

You can choose whichever domicile you want. They don't "assign" them of have you bid on them, so if you want SFO, you get SFO. The only thing is that you MUST live within 90 minutes drive time of your domicile. No commuting, no crashpads, no excuses. You must actually live there, and they can and have requested proof.

As far as comparison with other fractionals, that's hard to say. They pay better than any of the others, they are growing steadily, but slowly, so it is manageable, all the pilots seem happy to be there and have a good realationship with the management team and the other members of the company (scheduling, dispatch, owner services, etc). One of the negatives (I suppose to some) is that there is no seniority system, so upgrades, raises, etc are merit based (some see this as a plus, some a negative), also, there are no larger aircraft...no Citation Xs (yet), no Falcon 2000s, no BBJs, etc. There are CJ1s, Bravos, Excels and eventually, CJ3s.

If you ask me, it is the best of the larger fractionals...but I'm sure I can get many folks on this board to point out what they perceive as negatives at CS (such as the pilots actually having to wear their uniform suits and look professional---give me a freaking break), and point out why their fractional is better. There seems to be an extraordinary amount of negativity on the fractional boards, with everyone doing all they can to put down the competition and pointing out all the negativies of the other companies. Kind of comical, if you ask me. I'll refrain from calling it pathetic.....but, then again.......

I agree with trainerjet. Citationshares is one of the best fractionals out there, if not the best.

I was told upgrade in the CJ would be a year, and that there is no more hiring of captains off-the street, even if you have time in type.

It is a very professional organization, and the personnel in management are nice people.

everything trainerjet said is true.(base, pay etc). depending on who you want to listen to the sovern might be a possibility. all in all its a pretty good company. management is pretty good and if you are ever in hpn we can always go and shoot the $h!t with them. if you want more specific info pm me. oh one more thing the airplane that you get is based on company need at the time.

Latest resources

Back