Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BMA Airways

Hi,
Did you find out anything about Boston Maine Airways? I have an intervew and also need some gouge.
Let me know! Nancy

This is all second hand info but when I was asking about BMA I was told commuting is hardly an option since they fly you six days of the week. That was enough for me right there since I am not in a position to move.

On the positive side, I also heard they flow through to Pan Am, but considering the fears and worries generated by the questionable staffing of the new Dominican base, I don't know if that would be such a great thing.

BMA

I was called for an interview next week with Boston-Maine.

Can anyone give me some updated info on the 5 year contract and if you must resign seniority? Schedules? Pay?

I hear its not a great deal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

try using the "search" button up at the top of the page under the jungle jet study guide ad. BMA has been slammed pretty hard on this board in the past couple of months...

bma

going to interview next Friday. Don't know anything about interview....NO sim, but what is the interview like? Aim? 121? 91? Aircraft systems???

No way.

Dont do it!!!

5 year training contract! $14,600 plus $2000 seperation fee!!!

Try to imagine 5 years in a J31...a lot like your wife yelling directly into your ears for 5 years straight while you try to balance on a bowling ball!

Sharing hotel rooms with your F/O!!

6 days on, 1 day off.

What are you an indentured servent??

No way.

I interviewed with BMA a few weeks ago, started off with a written, then I met with the Dir. of Training, and then Human Resources.
Written was very straight forward:
Define V1
Max holding speed for aircraft
How is the Outer Marker idnetified dots or dashes or both
Define a Great Circle Route
How can a pilot identify a military airport at night
What is the advantage of a three bar VASI
When do you need an IFR clearance in VFR conditions
What functions are provided by ILS
There where a few other questions, but I'm drawing a blank right now. 16 question in all though.

Then sat down with the Dir. of Training, basic interview type question. What do you do if the Captain shows up drunk, isn't using check lists, and decends below Mins on an Apch. Then asked about my experience with icing, and turbulance. Wanted to know if I ever failed a check ride, and why. Asked what I knew about the company, for those of you that are interviewing KNOW about the company. He seemed to be fine with just the basics they fly J31, have 10, just bought 15 more, and where they fly. There web page also has some basic information on it. Then he explained the training contract, and that was about it.

Then I went over to human resources and started to fill out the paper work for the back groung check. From want I understand they are looking to hire between 100 to 150 people in the next year. Hope this helps, and good luck to very one interviewing.

Latest resources

Back