• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indiana U plane down.....5 killed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very sad, my condolences. It's especially sad when they have so much to live for and were on the up and up.

mcjohn said:
I have a degree in piano performance.
That's funny. A doctor was hacking a plaster cast off my arm and I asked him If I would be able to play the piano and he said yes. That liar...I wonder if I can sue for malpractice?

Exactly how does one obtain a "degree" in piano performance? Just curious.

W

mcjohn said:
Sad indeed. I wonder if they were traveling to and from performances. I have a degree in piano performance. It has always caught my attention how many pilots are musicians as well.

Pay some money to a college or university and get a B.M. or a B.A. concentrating in piano performance. That's how. It could be vocal performance, composition, pedagogy, theory, history, etc...take your pick. Mine was a Bachelor of Arts in Jazz Studies with a concentration in piano performance. I did it for fun and kind of sucked cause I didn't practice enough. I can jam though and play some good jazz, bluegrass, you name it.

I also have a B.S. but don't know crap.

Last edited:
Cool...I didn't know you could actually major in a specific instrument. I figured it would be just a music degree or something. My mom is a kickass pianist...thats why I was wondering. I wish like hell now that she would have made me sit down and learn it as a kid. What a great talent.

W

mcjohn said:
Pay some money to a college or university and get a B.M. or a B.A. concentrating in piano performance. That's how. It could be vocal performance, composition, pedagogy, theory, history, etc...take your pick. Mine was a Bachelor of Arts in Jazz Studies with a concentration in piano performance. I did it for fun and kind of sucked cause I didn't practice enough. I can jam though and play some good jazz, bluegrass, you name it.

I also have a B.S. but don't know crap.

So are we interested in why the 206 (Caravan?) crashed or how to play the piano? What was her experience? Sad that four others put their trust in her...and now?

Cappytan said:
So are we interested in why the 206 (Caravan?) crashed or how to play the piano? What was her experience? Sad that four others put their trust in her...and now?

Well, to be fair, they are saying that weather may have been instrumental in the crash.

Bruce Payton, director of Monroe County Airport, said weather may have played the biggest role in the crash.
"I can tell you this: Weather conditions were pretty bad," with fog and a mist that made for poor visibility when the plane was coming in to land, Payton said. The weather also slowed search efforts.

The Caravan is a 208. The 206 is a piston aircraft. A bigger fatter 182 which is a bigger fatter 172 which are very good flying airplanes.

factor or not...

I learned out of Terre Haute, and the Bloomington VOR seemed to only work part of the time. Not too sure if the ILS had the same issues. Could be something to that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back