Independent Truckers To Display Unity/Pilots Could Learn Something

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Newsflash . . . . .

A "wildcat" strike by pilots, if not endorsed by individual unions (ie ALPA, SWAPA) would not be the same as a "job action", at least not to me. . . . . more like free speech being excercised.

There is no way that the Gov't could run the airlines like they ran ATC during the PATCO strike. . . . the results would be tragiocomic . . . . !

NOT true....Both Clinton and Obama support the Democratic budget proposal which would raise taxes on people making more than $31,850 ($63,700 for couples)......All of us except first year regional FO's would see our taxes rise.....
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/841145,tax031308.article
Those were symbolic votes on non-binding resolutions, Joe. The only point of their votes was to protest Bush's proposed budget that cut program after program while continuing the absurd tax cuts for the rich. Neither Obama's nor Clinton's actual tax planes include tax increases for anyone in the middle class. Tax increases would start at somewhere between the $250k-$288k mark.

Newsflash . . . . .

A "wildcat" strike by pilots, if not endorsed by individual unions (ie ALPA, SWAPA) would not be the same as a "job action", at least not to me. . . . . more like free speech being excercised.
The courts wouldn't share your view on that.

The courts wouldn't share your view on that.

If ALPA was capable of prosecuting an effective Suspension of Service the opinion of the courts wouldn't matter. They would do what the Money told them to do, and the Money would just want the pain to stop. Of course, if that degree of leadership and unity were in place it's highly unlikely that we'd be in the fix we currently find ourselves in.

If ALPA was capable of prosecuting an effective Suspension of Service the opinion of the courts wouldn't matter.
It's not a matter of the capability of ALPA, it's a matter of the willingness of the membership, and it just isn't there.

Given the sad state of its leadership I'd have to agree with you.
Again, it's not about the leadership, it's about the followership. The best leadership in the world couldn't convince this membership to undertake what you're suggesting. Just won't happen.

Newsflash . . . . .

There is no way that the Gov't could run the airlines like they ran ATC during the PATCO strike. . . . the results would be tragiocomic . . . . !

All that ALPA, APA, etc would have to do (to avoid a job action) is hire someone under the table to do the dirty work for them.

Kind of like in politics when its not Mccain, Obama or Clinton themselves diging up dirt on they're opponents but the PAC's acting as the assassin on they're behalf so they can then play dumb and act like they have no clue that it was about to happen.

Last edited:
Again, it's not about the leadership, it's about the followership. The best leadership in the world couldn't convince this membership to undertake what you're suggesting. Just won't happen.
What does leadership say about Aloha and Champion Air....chrip....chrip....chrip....ah oh I understand it's followership again. Yes I would have to agree the followership were following the wrong leaders, again!

Latest resources

Back