Independence Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot877 said:
Hey, maybe things are finally looking up! Good luck to the recallees. I guess they can change the banner in the IAD crew room to "Congratulations on your new (old) job" I hope it works out for everybody who decides to go back. I had some good times there.

Pilot877

I don't thinks are looking up!!! I heard that thay are losing close to 40 pilots a month. For those of you who were furloughed, when and how were you notified of the recall? I haven't heard anything yet.

40 pilots a month?!! Well, I ended up having to leave right before my impending furlough, as they refused to grant any more LOA's for those of us who were getting furloughed and had job offers elsewhere.

The company is mailing out notices to all of the involuntary furloughees informing them of their bypass rights, and then they are going to release te numbers for recall.

The letter business is interesting, because I thought that we are supposed to be able to bypass a recall at the actual time of recall. But the letter we got states that if we choose to bypass we must put that in writing now, before any recalls even begin.

As for myself, going back would eliminate my commute and increase my pay by 2.5x. Even with no upgrade for years more (a phantom crapshoot where I am now anyway!) I'd go back in a heartbeat if I knew I'd have a job next year, but I don't think I can take that chance until they show how they are going to get through next winter.

BN2A said:
You sir, are a scumbag!

I am standing in the mucky trenches with you with scum on both of us and this is what you come up with? I'd buy you a perspective but I lost my discretionary income during the last rounds of concessions

Last edited:
say again said:
I don't thinks are looking up!!! I heard that thay are losing close to 40 pilots a month. For those of you who were furloughed, when and how were you notified of the recall? I haven't heard anything yet.

Independence is NOT losing 40 a month. Where did you get that from? There was a spike about a month ago where we lost 30 in three weeks. It was after one of those Air Inc seminars. Apparently some of them actually got offers while there.

The attrition is slowed again and oddly enough they are granting limited LOA's for up to a year. I do not know when the furloughees are expected to return. Maybe someone else can post that.

If fuel doesn't get below $50/barrel this next quarter I can't there being much of a place to go for any of us. Good luck all.

Mike

Cappy said:
If fuel doesn't get below $50/barrel this next quarter I can't there being much of a place to go for any of us. Good luck all.

Mike

Good...

Get rid of the weak

Cappy said:
Independence is NOT losing 40 a month. Where did you get that from? There was a spike about a month ago where we lost 30 in three weeks. It was after one of those Air Inc seminars. Apparently some of them actually got offers while there.

I actually heard that from current pilots there. I should've known not to believe them. I just finished faxing my bypass letter. I think I'll wait until I actually have to make the decision to return, and decide then.

FrenchTickler said:
No Im just being "brutally" honest

When your second post hopes that a company will fail, you sure LOOK like a troll. Either way it doesn't make you look good...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back