Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stratocoaster

How's this for an example of "the company has your best interests at heart"?:

I have it on excellent authority that any furloughed Independence Air pilots who answer the recall will only be re-hired until December 2005. the company will then re-furlough those pilots effective January 1, 2006.

I URGE INDEPENDENCE AIR FURLOUGHEES TO IGNORE THE RECALL!

The company does not want you to know this information. They also care very little about you or your career.

I realize that Independence Air is in no way a major airline, but I think this information is important enough to disseminate that it must cross all lines. After all, Independence Air's management attitude has certainly crossed the line of decency...if not long ago, certainly right now.

According to the guys that I've talked to that have received the recall notice, the company IS telling them it may be a temporary recall.

Any bypass rights on recall at FlyI?

What in the world is FlyI thinking? There is a chance they are being totally honest. They could hire off the street but are required to do the recall thing before that. Besides, it's cheaper to recall than interview and hire.

Is there a way they could do this 'recall' in more decent manner? If so how?

FlyBoeingJets said:
Any bypass rights on recall at FlyI?

What in the world is FlyI thinking? There is a chance they are being totally honest. They could hire off the street but are required to do the recall thing before that. Besides, it's cheaper to recall than interview and hire.

Is there a way they could do this 'recall' in more decent manner? If so how?

Most airlines would run skeleton skinny for a while. Would that be decent? probably not, and they would probably cancel flights for lack of crews. This way they can run the airline normally and then kick yall to the curb again...Come on everybody's doing their part...jump aboard and do your part for airline and country.

Keep in mind, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Esp for the junior furloughee who never went through CRJ training, he can do so, get his quals, spend a couple months online, refurlough with currency and a new a/c experience and be marketable.

Latest resources

Back