Independence Air Recall Alert!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stratocoaster

I have it on excellent authority that any furloughed Independence Air pilots who answer the recall will only be re-hired until December 2005. the company will then re-furlough those pilots effective January 1, 2006.

I URGE INDEPENDENCE AIR FURLOUGHEES TO IGNORE THE RECALL!

The company does not want you to know this information. They also care very little about you or your career.

Sound like someone is trying to move up in seniority.
list your real name and source of info please.

Last edited:
It may not be true, but what he describes has been done in the past by other airlines. It is common to need more crews until the fall/winter so you can see why this is done.

ALPO said:
Sound like someone is trying to move up in sonority.
list your real name and source of info please.

How in the he!! are you going to move up the seniority list. They're recalling 25 guys for now. Chances are 100% that the recalled guys will be THE BOTTOM 25 on the list - guranteed reserve and no life. Sure you may move up to the covented 5 from the bottom if more guys pass but who cares now.

However, I know of a few guys who just got cut that will be coming back so for now it looks like they got some takers.

I'm not at liberty to divulge my sources. I don't post often, and a review of my posting history will reveal I do not post inflammatorily nor frivolously.

Everyone that has been called is being told that this might happen!!!

stratocoaster said:
I have it on excellent authority that any furloughed Independence Air pilots who answer the recall will only be re-hired until December 2005. the company will then re-furlough those pilots effective January 1, 2006.

I URGE INDEPENDENCE AIR FURLOUGHEES TO IGNORE THE RECALL!

The company does not want you to know this information. They also care very little about you or your career.

In the "Comm One" newsletter, Bill Brown explains the 2 month deal, etc. They aren't trying to hide it.

Rumor mill had it the "i" was going to be losing several more RJ's next month. Anyone with factual info? Are these recalls due to pilot's jumping ship?

My rumor came right out of hq.

Latest resources

Back