Independence Air Guys and Gals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
abefly said:
P.S All you Mesa guys and Gals hope you enjoy making pennies the rest of your lives because the way J.O is going, it want be long before the rest of the industry folds to your generic service.

What an idiot! if ACA would've merged with Mesa it would've been the best thing for both Pilot groups. Together they could've negotiated a Contract that would lead the industry. But instead you idiots decided to try to fly 50 seat rjs and make a profit. Swallow your pride next time. The people at Mesa are a great group of Professionals. Their contract might not be the best in the industry but they had no choice given the fact that J.O threatened to transfer all the flying to Freedom and all the piece of S*** scabs that went there. I had a lot of friends at Independence and I wish you all the best but don't be blaming the pilots at Mesa.....Blame Management!

Actually, for your own personal history lesson, the ACA pilots voted by 70 plus percent to stay in the UEX program prior to the whole I Air thing.

G

What I want to know is, is there going to be any punishment for the idiots, Tom Moore and Kerry Skeen, Who took a 1575 pilot company with 135 airplanes and a 15.00 plus stock price with 350 million in the bank, and reduced it to ashes. Or how about the managers at United, did they really come to the table in good faith when this all was being negotiated after the ACA pilots voted in pay cuts to be passed on to United to help them out of a bankruptcy made worse in part by the huge pay raises the mainline pilots at United allowed themselves in 2000, any retribution there? NO We need to stop bickering at each other and find ways to make airline management accountable for the pain and suffering they cause while lining their pockets at our expense.

We didn't need to FLYI gus to negotiate a better contract, the merger would've forced the company into negotiations on a new contract. I have no doubt that the next Mesa contract will be industry leading. J.O. is an Ahole I agree, but there is one thing that he does and thats secure flying. So you go sell your used cars I wish you the best of luck! I'll stick to driving the Big Bus!

abefly said:
I have no doubt that the next Mesa contract will be industry leading.

You can be the leader in two categories, best or worst. Where do you figure Mesa will end up?

abefly said:
We didn't need to FLYI gus to negotiate a better contract, the merger would've forced the company into negotiations on a new contract. I have no doubt that the next Mesa contract will be industry leading. J.O. is an Ahole I agree, but there is one thing that he does and thats secure flying. So you go sell your used cars I wish you the best of luck! I'll stick to driving the Big Bus!

No doubt that the next Mesa contract will be industry leading????

Are you serious?

abefly said:
there is one thing that he does and thats secure flying.

Yeah, but look at the cost: ACA, Comair, XJT, Air Wis; Mesa lowballs and yanks the flying from companies w/ far better contracts.

I really wouldn't doubt it if they did! I am not at Mesa anymore but I would think they will get a better contract. The company is making a ton of money and I don't see J.O. having any more tricks up his sleave like "Freedom" to break up negotiations. But you never know with that guy. In all reality I dont care. I never post on here but I was pissed that flyin4pennies blames the Mesa pilots for the Failure of Independence Air!

abefly said:
P.S All you Mesa guys and Gals hope you enjoy making pennies the rest of your lives because the way J.O is going, it want be long before the rest of the industry folds to your generic service.

What an idiot! if ACA would've merged with Mesa it would've been the best thing for both Pilot groups. Together they could've negotiated a Contract that would lead the industry. But instead you idiots decided to try to fly 50 seat rjs and make a profit. Swallow your pride next time. The people at Mesa are a great group of Professionals. Their contract might not be the best in the industry but they had no choice given the fact that J.O threatened to transfer all the flying to Freedom and all the piece of S*** scabs that went there. I had a lot of friends at Independence and I wish you all the best but don't be blaming the pilots at Mesa.....Blame Management!

Why does everyone think that when one airline buys another, they are going to be merged and create a powerful pilot group. Management knows keeping them operating seperate will allow the whipsaw effect and keep the pilot groups at bay. That is why Delta never merged ASA and Comair, and Skywest and ASA will not merge, and Mesa would have never merged its pilot group with ACA.

flyin4pennies said:
I too was part of ACA/IA for 4 1/2 years. I am proud of the fact that we stood up to to evil empire and didn't take part in what seems to be the norm today. I'm talking about being partnered with a bankrupt airline and having our contract thrown away only to have to try and underbid the likes of Mesa.

If the traveling public wants s**t service then they'll get s**t service from the bottom of barrel. We didn't want any part of that. So anyone out there can say what they want. We can hold our heads up high knowing that we were never one of those regionals who brought the industry down to nothing more than bus service in the sky.

All right. Normally I don't comment on all the Mesa bashing because most of the time the bashers are right. We Mesa pilots are underpaid, have a subpar contract, and have to suffer the comments of other pilot groups who think they are the only ones with "balls" and if they were at Mesa things would be better. I have been with Mesa far too long. I have suffered under 2 contracts. What remains consitent is the great people who I work with. We have a great group of people who care about the customer. The comments about s**t service is simply untrue. Management doesn't give a rat's ass about the customer, but the flight crew's do. It takes a special person to still deliver a quality product to the customer all the while being bent over by management. Just because your airline failed, doesn't give you the right to take cheap shots at a company you know nothing about other than what you think you know.

Contracts are negotiable every few years, and ours is no exception. I have no doubt that this pilot group will stand tall and not except anything but a real contract this time around. The pilots are fed up, and have nothing to lose. We won't, however, take it out on the customer. And that is why we have a great group of people. I don't argue that it's not a glamour company, or has glamorous management. But when I go to work, I swallow my pride, do my job as a professional because what it really comes down to is providing for my family and that's really what it's all about. They know I hate the company I work for and the way I get treated, but they appreciate the suffering I go through for them. I doubt you would last 5 minutes here.

Don't blame out pilots for your choices or your companies problems. Wait until next year when you will wish you were at Mesa because of the great contract we will have. Until then, leave us alone. I wish you luck with your future.

I'm proud of FlyI, somebody had to stand up for the little guy against the big one. I've been in their pool since early 2003 when Dean H gave me the welcome call, so I had a dog in the fight. I ended up going to my second choice, where I would be glad to help any displaced FlyI types with an internal rec; just pm me if you want to fly cargo out of Tennesse.
God bless you all and know that at least you went out swinging.

cgflyer

Latest resources

Back