Independence Air announces deadline.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drill Sgt. Dad said:
How childish to wish ill will on us pilots.
I just recently had the opportunity to meet some of the guys at FlyI and what a great bunch they are. It sucks hard that your management ruined it for you guys.

Airlines are making a comeback... Our Aloha ran out of money last December. We were within minutes of shutting the doors. The details are pretty amazing, i'll spare you the details as the last chapter is yet to be written on Aloha, but there are people with money out there looking for ways to double or triple it, or more. Certain opinions are that airlines may be "home runs" for 2006. Ticket prices are up, fuel is down, etc. I hope FlyI gets an investor to see the value in the employees and turn it around.

Dav8tor said:
Airline announces deadline for bidders By Roger Yu, USA TODAY
Dulles, Va.-based Independence Air on Thursday set a Dec. 16 deadline for investors to submit bids to buy the whole airline or just some of its assets.
The small airline, which flies mainly in the East, filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy this week in Delaware.

What they are doing should be mandated. File for Ch 11, put the outfit up for sale, and let someone come in that can operate it for a profit, or liquidate that sucker.

This is they way it should happen!

Way to go Indy.

Just remember the real prostitutes are Mesa , TSA CHQ who all agreed on those low pay rates. If everyone and I mean everyone would haven taken a stand, things would have been different and mgt would not be able to stomp all over pilots like they're doing today. But just to fly for wear that hat and coat, even people are flocking to *************************s as well. As for FLYI? I know the FAs will vote against thier TA. As for the pilots? We gave already, and still giving as another round of 60 furloughs occur Dec 1st and more displacments. Amazing 5-6 years on the proerty and the best seat that will get is RJ FO. One of these days, it would be nice for all regionals to unite and standup and say no more cheap labor.

737 Pylt said:
Well said. The liquidation (if, big if) it happens, won't mean squat to an industry flooded with seats. Only if a legacy or a larger LCC were to go under MIGHT it have an impact. I only feel sad that there are still folks out there wishing that airlines go out of business.

Well if only a legacy will do it I say let's have an auction at Northwest or Delta...preferably Northwest as those labor groups brought shame to their houses for being strike breakers and stabbing their mechanics in the back!!!!!!!

rptrain said:
we'll all end up just fine after flyi, because that's the kind of people we had. it was one of the proudest moments of my career, something i'm sure most of you gloating bums will never get to experience in yours.

Every airline has great people. Ease Up big guy.

Proudest moment in your career? OK...fine... but you loose creditbility when you tell me I won't expereince it. Which tells me you fell for the FLYI expereince, brand training and the rest of the BS Tom and Kerry were serving..and with it dripping off of your chin...you asked for seconds..

The FLYI brand was never real! It only served to motivate the employees. What brand did the Corp Elite believe in?? The DOLLAR!!! Yeah Baby...

In a few months.... you'll wake up and realize what your Jonestown ...er I mean FLYI really was.....

FlyI guys, it might not be over yet. Strange things often happen in the final hour on the courthouse steps.

IF the worst happens, ASA is hiring about 30-35 pilots/month for the foreseeable future. The ACA guys who came over here already have made some pretty good reputations so I'm sure you'd be welcomed to an interview.

Good luck to you guys and gals.

Dang. I hadn't heard about more furloughs. The last I heard, attrition was going to prevent them.

As someone who already "gave at the office," you have my sympathies. If anyone is a glutton for punishment, ASA is hiring.

I'm still hoping that FLYI will turn things around as fuel prices drop. Hey, I've got over four years until my recall rights expire.

rez, not quite satisfied with making a fool (http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=805116#post805116) of himself in the military forum, now feels the need to bash flyi pilots. no one can rightfully be proud of his accomplishments while rez is on the job. to do so is just "stroking each other" "self-inflated ego's [sic]." or worse, drinking so much coolaid that it's "dripping off your chin."

like your rant against military guys, you don't even get what it is that i'm proud of. frankly, i don't care; i don't need you to understand. what i won't stomach is when you accuse good guys of being a bunch of overrated poseurs.

fyi, never went to the flyi experience, never went to brand training. never really developed a taste for coolaid. plus, i've been gone from flyi for over a year. many great things have happened since then, some of which wouldn't have been possible w/o getting furloughed. i've definitely "moved on," but i won't ever "get over" the pride i feel about being a part of the ACO pilot group.

again, love the irony of being called a chin-dripping BS swallower by someone who's clearly enamored with ALPA and every word out of Herdon, mr. "air line" pilot. talk about a critical thinker.

as for flyi not being a real brand... that's real amusing. funny how it ranked in the top 5 of such imaginary surveys as zagat, market metrix, and travel & leisure. that's not coolaid; that's fact, jack.

now, run along, i think your kid is coming home with a good report card. better go tell him he's not so great. after all, plenty other kids probably did just as well or better. he's nothing special and should get over himself.

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
If everyone and I mean everyone would haven taken a stand, things would have been different and mgt would not be able to stomp all over pilots like they're doing today.

The current method of advancing yourself in this career makes this a pointless sentiment.

There is no benefit to you or your career to "take one for the team".

That is because there is always someone willing to work for less. Your lament is understandable, but it is so naive and idealistic that what is the point of saying it?

Remember when Rodney King said "Can't we all just get along?"

Sorry, Rodney - this profession often punishes people who try to play it straight.

rptrain,

twisting words around....huh: I never said anything about the pilot group. I talked about the brand... and the company.....

No love for ALPA...just tired of hearing the ignorant bash it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back