Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HOURBUILDER

flyingsaucer
If you damage the wing while beeing parked by marshalls because the marshalls screwed up, what is the level of the responsability of the pilot in this scenario.
In this scenario it was totally the error of both the marshallers and wingwalkers which never told us to stop the aircraft?
He parked us at the stop line for a 757 instead of stoping us prior to the CRJ line stop.

If the airplane was moving under it's own power...the Captain with some blame on the FO if it was on his side. The only gray area would be if you were being towed/pushed or something ran into you. I would have called for a union rep yesterday.

Hourbuilder,

You should be free and clear. If a marshaller, marshalled you into something it's their fault. I speak from experience.

701EV

If you had a wingwalker on the side of the impact, you'll probably be in better shape than if you didn't.

I can almost hear "Captain Pleasure" now..."DON'T SCRATCH THE F**KIN' PLANE!"

According to the NTSB, an accident is
"an occurrence associated with the operation
of an aircraft which takes place between the time any person boards the
aircraft with the intention of flight and all such persons have
disembarked, and in which any person suffers death or serious injury, or
in which the aircraft receives substantial damage"

So, if there was substantial damage, and I assume there was, this can get classified as an accident. Who is at fault, I would assume the marshallers for failing to marshall the aircraft properly.

If you damage the wing while beeing parked by marshalls because the marshalls screwed up, what is the level of the responsability of the pilot in this scenario.
In this scenario it was totally the error of both the marshallers and wingwalkers which never told us to stop the aircraft?
He parked us at the stop line for a 757 instead of stoping us prior to the CRJ line stop.

It happened to me in ATL as well. It was on the CA's side and there was no action taken against us. AC was taken offline to have the wing repaired. We peed in the cup and blew in the little tube and then took a week off. If it had been the FO side it may have been a somewhat different situation.

Were were nearly taxied into something else only a couple of months ago. I'm starring out the window, mouth breathing. I see we are getting pretty close to a fuel truck. I tell the CA to stop. He is a little slow so I say it again and start squeezing the brakes on myself. He was curious until he leaned across and say what we nearly hit. We took pics and called the ramp sup. Had a great time playing at being irrate.

Point is, if it is on the FO side, you better be looking. The CA is responsiible for watching the marshaller. FO also have a responsibilty to watch not just the marshaller but their side of the airplane. Don't be afraid to use the brakes if the CA is slow getting to them. I don't ride the brakes but if I see something, my feet are close in case the CA doesn't hear or respond.

Pushed into a fuel truck at ORD with rampers yelling at push crew. By the time I figure it out BOOM!
Filled out an IOR, never heard a word since.

PS never saw that many suits with cameras in one place after incident. News was pusher was drug tested then let go.

Latest resources

Back