• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Inappropriate comments about RJ crash?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
actually, I believe he was right on. It was careless and reckless behavior that brought on this accident.

Sorry for the families, but a totally preventable accident.

Learn from it

Until the final report is out, I must disagree. "A little fun" can mean many things. Speculating on thisis unfair to the crew and especially their families.

I disagree with the comparison to truck driving. Trucks, having no "autopilot", require constant attention.

David Stempler, is a complete idiot. As usual, the press never talks to an educated person on the subject.

Remind me again how operating a plane within its publised limits is experimenting? I really doubt, no I know, they were playing with anything. I don't think the CVR picked either pilot saying hey what does this thingy do.

I'm slighted jaded at idiots reporters and self appointed experts (i.e David Stempler)

We all try and give the benefit of the doubt to our fellow airmen but trying to defend the indefensible also is not wise. Wait for all of the true facts to come out. Then decide.

~DC

acaTerry said:
Until the final report is out, I must disagree. "A little fun" can mean many things. Speculating on this is unfair to the crew and especially their families.

I generally agree with that sentiment, however prelimanary CVR information from the NTSB and FDR from Bombardier are overwhelmingly indicative of human error caused by poor judgement and lack of experience.

The NTSB does not make preliminary statements that are so indicative of a cause unless they have very good data to back that up.

The results of this weeks hearing on the accident will likely coroborate more of what is known already.

rumpletumbler said:
Why didn't they just restart the engines?

They tried several times and failed. Windmill start requires at least 300 kTS, FDR data showed a/c never obtained 300KTS in the decent. Also teardown of the engines found that one of them had a burnt out hot section and sevre damage (melting of blades etc) from the combuster cans back indicating attempted relight without sufficient airflow.

As much as I hate the press and their so called experts when it comes to aviation related news, we have to wait for the final report. However I am sorry for the families envolved but I do feel it was a preventable accident in many ways.

AutoCars Armed said:
David Stempler, is a complete idiot. As usual, the press never talks to an educated person on the subject.

Remind me again how operating a plane within its publised limits is experimenting? I really doubt, no I know, they were playing with anything. I don't think the CVR picked either pilot saying hey what does this thingy do.

I'm slighted jaded at idiots reporters and self appointed experts (i.e David Stempler)

Will have to wait for the final report, but from what the NTSB has said so far, they were not operating within the published limits of the airplane.

Sure the airplane is certified to 410....but that is only under specific load and temperature constraints (as with all jet aircraft), after all that is what those performance charts are for.

Will be interesting to see the final report.

Latest resources

Back