In Memory of Rich.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=153986

I think some of you should really feel ashamed of yourselves. Out of morbid curiosity, I searched his username and came out with this gem among others. internet bullying is right.

A case could be made that Ty Webb was legally culpable in this tragedy. PCL has no right to talk either.

Sad, sad, sad.

Words have meaning people. Anonymous typing CAN cause harm.

You really have no idea what was going on with the man. Calling out other people on a situation you don't know anything about and weren't involved with really doesn't help anything or anyone at this point.

Having known the man for nearly 15 years and flown with him at 2 different airlines, I can tell you he wasn't the type of person to be "internet bullied". Having talked to many of the people he was close to it appears it was, in part, related to work issues (SLI included), but not from what people wrote on a forum weeks ago.

Now can we please just let this thread be for people to express their condolences like Matt intended? I'm all for people being more civil (which is why I don't get on here much anymore) but let's not jump to conclusions and start slinging mud at people. Just take a moment to express your thoughts of someone who spent almost ALL their spare time trying to do what he thought was going to help other pilots. How you feel about that is your own business, heck I didn't agree with the man most of the time, but at least recognize someone who spent more time trying to help other people in this career than most of you (or even I) ever will.

Too much of this gets swept under the rug (saw it at my own airline). Not sure that not discussing the larger truths is what we should do? IMO: I've seen enough AirTran internal fighting... How was this not a result of divide and conquer on GK's part!? For God's sake, even in the wake of very clear B/M legislation, GK was able to do whatever he felt was fair. Did he not play this guy?

Very Sorry to hear this, I was in the same '04 AT new hire class as Rich, I'm no longer w/ the company, so I've not spoken w/ him in several years.
Great guy, knowing his character, probably the last guy that I would expect this from. God bless his family and friends.

Didn't know him but his passion for what he believed in is to be respected. RIP my fellow Tranny.

RIP Rich. I always enjoyed talking to him. I am extremely saddened and will miss not talking to him in the future.

Some of you guys should be ashamed of what you have said here. Now is not the time.

RIP fellow Tranny! For the rest of us, I can't imagine the hurt so bad you would consider suicide! But, You can't treat people like pawns, nameless numbers or seats to be "realized"! Carriers hard won now thrown into turmoil! All of you, GK, SWA, SWAPA, ALPA and me included, have this to live with! So caught up in how "I" can profit from this! Well a pilot was "Harmed", one of us! Sleep well, I won't!

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=153986

I think some of you should really feel ashamed of yourselves. Out of morbid curiosity, I searched his username and came out with this gem among others. internet bullying is right.

A case could be made that Ty Webb was legally culpable in this tragedy. PCL has no right to talk either.

Sad, sad, sad.

Words have meaning people. Anonymous typing CAN cause harm.

This really is too easy. These are all quotes by the compassionate, caring BOX OFFICE -

You are such a loser. ...
I thought you had me on ignore hot shot. You just can't resist can you? Your mom is calling, time to get off her computer and clean your room.
That and the fact that they laugh him out of the room every time he opens his trap on the majors board. Quintessential troll. Not even a pilot. Just ignore him!
Why are you responding to him? He is not a pilot. He's trying to get a rise out of you. Just ignore him. Everyone should.
You know you read what I wrote General Jackass.
Nevets just keeps repeating himself over and over like a trained parrot. How embarrassing.
But with your lack of intellect,...
She's probably depressed she married such an a$$hole.
And you're delusional...
Stop feeding the troll.
Just go away, and stop pretending to be a pilot.
THAT is the pinnacle of FI achievement, not 16,000 asinine posts and counting.
OMG what a dork-o-rama!
The word is ridiculous, not rediculous, moron.
Here's how I know you're a nobody.
What a truly sick, sad individual
If not, then shut your pie hole and mind your own business.
Can't wait until you're my gear b1tch. Be sure you say "yes ma'am".
You need to go back to MS flightsim and...
What a loser. No seriously, what a loser.
I swear to god OYS you are the stupidest person here.
Take a business class sometime Mr. Know It All.
Whatever you say GENERAL LOSER.
Why are you such a jerk all the time?

There are lots more. Sad, sad, sad.

PCL has no right to talk either.

You have no idea what my relationship was with Rich, so save your crap. Rich was a friend. We gave each other a hard time about the merger, because we both felt very strongly that our position was right, but when the merger talk was over, we had a drink and talked football, politics, boating, whatever, and we didn't take it personally.

Those of you who would like to make this yet another argument about the SLI, or who want to sling mud, should keep your comments to yourself. Give people some time to cope with some pretty awful news.

Latest resources

Back