Impressions of the E170: Thumbs Up!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

I had to reposition for a flight last week and I flew on a MidAtlantic E170 to ATL as a PAX. I was very impressed - it should NOT be considered a regional jet by any means. My thoughts as a PAX:

Positives:
1. Two-by-two seating and yet feels like an Airbus (not cramped like CRJ/ERJ)
2. Huge windows for the PAX - do not have to bend your neck like CRJ
3. Roomy overhead bins - no problems with carry-on bags like in CRJ/ERJ
4. Very well lit in the cabin at night
5. Two lavatories in front and aft
6. Great acceleration on takeoff - nice and zippy
7. Fantastic flight deck layout for pilots - nice and wide cockpit
8. Big galley up front
9. Very comfortable leather seats with ample leg room - no space problems
10. "Big airplane" feel - no comments about size from PAX like on CRJ/ERJ (even CRJ-700/900)

Negatives:
1. Lav up front was very narrow (not good for 95% of US population which is obese)

So, I was very impressed overall. I think this airplane (along with the E190) will be a big hit because it retains the "big airplane" feel that all CRJs (including the 700 and 900 - I have flown on both) and ERJs lack. It seems like a mini Airbus inside and outside and I think the PAX are not so disturbed about flying on it vs. the standard regional jets. Seriously - the CRJ-700/900 can't even compare to the E170 for PAX...

I think that if JetBlue puts entertainment systems in the E190s they will be easily comfortable for PAX - even on very long flights because the cabin is so comfortable. I would actually go out of my way to fly on an E170 in the future because of the comfort factor. I hope that DAL strongly considers the E190 because I would definitely prefer the E190 to a 737-200/300 or MD88/90 ANY DAY...

Yes, I know that the pay for the E170 guys is insultingly LOW and continues to lower the bar for everyone else... That being said, given the downward salary trends in this business, if you have to fly something at embarrassingly low pay, the E170/190 wouldn't be a bad ride at all...

Yes, I know that the pay for the E170 guys is insultingly LOW and continues to lower the bar for everyone else... That being said, given the downward salary trends in this business, if you have to fly something at embarrassingly low pay, the E170/190 wouldn't be a bad ride at all...

....Hey, don't forget about the snappy uniform that comes with it to strut around the terminal in. Chicks love it!

...patiently waiting for our resident dip$hit E170 expert to jump all over this one...

Are you thinking of a certain ANALyst that starts with an "L"?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Which part is funny? I thought the critique was a good one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Inda bottom of dapool said:
...patiently waiting for our resident E170 expert to jump all over this one...No need to jump all over something whose truth is self evident. Have another drink, but do not climb in the cockpit or you will be removed.

General Lee said:
Are you thinking of a certain ANALyst that starts with an "L"? I do have an analcyst, but I'm going to my proctologist Dr Greenjeans to have it removed. He promised it wouldn't hurt a bit, but only if I pay him double in advance.
Bye Bye--General Lee

Lowecur,

That was funny. Thank you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back