• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impact of change in Flight Time/Rest reg on pilot staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
companies would just do continuos duty/stand up/high speed/ whatever the hell each airlines calls them- overnights- that would mitigate any need to higher alot more pilots

i like them-- most pay for least amount of work-sign me up

It will not effect airlines that have trip and duty rigs like DAL, it will kill the regionals as their costs per block hr will go way up.

I also expect to see hiring.

Yep-and we will see 737s going back and forth to DHN all day long... Each will have 38 passengers who enjoy all the ping-pong tables installed where the extra rows of seats used to be.

-You really are completely pointless, ACL.

Not true

No, airlines live off the business traveler.
Not true, bus travelers are the highest revenue generators, and without them they could not survive. But the airlines have to fill those empty seats with anything that gives money to the airline. I saw an article once that all of SWA's profitability was based upon 3.5 seats per flight filled advance purchase prices. At higher prices fewer passengers, particularly those who don’t have to go by air and only go because it is cheap and it will affect the bottom line. Study airline yield management. The airlines can demand high fares on Fri/Sun/Mon when the business guys travels, but on Tues/Wed/Sat they have to put something in that seat that generates revenue. There is too much capacity in the system and the airlines are chasing LF. UAL just made a decision to reduce capacity with it's future fleet, replacing the 767, 777 and 747 with 787’s and 350's

Maybe not much of a hit ot B6.

we have been told the day extension of flight time will absorb any additional staffing due to reduced night duty and flight time.

Nobody really knows until ink is put to paper.

Latest resources

Back