• Start date
  • Watchers 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice landing, but the commentary always makes me want to scream.

"Notice he feathered those props; the engines stopped. If he hadn't done that, those PT-6 turboprop engines would have ripped from their mounts."

Uhhh, no....

I always love it when the first thing out the door that you see is a piece of baggage.

needapayraise said:
Tune to CNN.

Tune in, turn on, drop out...then rinse, lather and repeat as necessary.

CA1900 said:
Nice landing, but the commentary always makes me want to scream.

"Notice he feathered those props; the engines stopped. If he hadn't done that, those PT-6 turboprop engines would have ripped from their mounts."

Uhhh, no....

Dude the plane was a B100 powered by TPE331's not PT-6's. You, a 1900 captain, should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing the difference in King Air models.

"Dude," did you miss the quotation marks around my text? I was quoting what the newscaster said, which was wrong on so many levels. Hence the "no" in my response.

I do happen to be well aware of the different models of the King Air, although I'm not sure why you'd assume that a 1900 pilot would. The King Air and its Descendants wasn't one of the topics we covered in ground school. We fly one model, and that's the one we cover.

You should have been required to know there is a common design line from Bonanza > Twin Bonanza > Queen Air > King Air > 1900. I don't think you can swap too many parts, but if you look at the wings, you can see they came out of the same brain.

Lilah

(and it is up to you to figure out how to use this information in a useful way)

Lilah said:
You should have been required to know there is a common design line from Bonanza > Twin Bonanza > Queen Air > King Air > 1900.

If you can explain to me why that information would be helpful to me in any way, operating a Beech 1900 for a 121 airline, I'm all ears. Really, any way at all.

(and it is up to you to figure out how to use this information in a useful way)

Ah, OK. I'll pass, then.

Latest resources

Back