• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Immediate 2% pay increase at ASA--->

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think the neg. committe hasn't beat their heads against the wall the 240 times that they've met with mngmnt over the last three years? That's two thirds of a Year! I don't know where they get the restraint they have. I'd have reached across the table and strangled the company's neg. team by now.

They are constrained by the RLA and everything that goes into a CBA at an airline. As long as the company doesn't do anything too stupid the mediator will give them leeway. The only real power that a labor group has is self help and there are steps to get there. Very long ones for us I guess. I don't know all about the process but, I do know it gets frustrating. I was at TSA in 2000 when we came up to the strike deadline twice. It was frustrating then and it is now.

But to throw the baby out with the bathwater just cause you think they aren't doing anything is stupid and won't make it better. If you think you can do better, then do it. Get involved, but don't say they aren't doing anything.

Papa Woody said:
Fire ALPA!

What the heck are they doing, besides taxing my paycheck?

If you're so shortsighted so as to say something like that, you deserve whatever you'll get.

About Freakin' Time

I'm with you Papa Woody. It's about time someone has said what a lot of us have been thinking for some time now. Although I am convinced the unions intentions are sincere, their necessity has long been approaching extinction. The methods they employ and the advice they solicit are out-of-date and ineffective and resemble the tactics of a club more then a professional organization. Furthermore, the fact that I am forced to surrender 2% of my already small paycheck is absurd and borderline extortion.

777JP

Papawoody & 777_jackpot

Why in the world did you guys apply for a job at an airline that has ALPA on the property.

If you don't like ALPA, quit. You don't have to belong to ALPA but you due have to pay dues.

Grow up and quit your crying or find a new line of work!

701EV

extortion?

I think the problem here is that many of us come to an ALPA carrier with open minds and for some people it may not be what they expected. I do know one thing, if there were no provisions for a "closed shop", ALPA would cease to exist. The jury is still out for me, as all I can do is wait and see the outcome. I have noticed (after dealing with several unions that deal with military contractors) that unions are their own worst enemies.

701EV said:
Papawoody & 777_jackpot

Why in the world did you guys apply for a job at an airline that has ALPA on the property.

If you don't like ALPA, quit. You don't have to belong to ALPA but you due have to pay dues.

701EV

DITTO!

701EV said:
Papawoody & 777_jackpot

701EV

My thought's exactly

I'd volunteer DOUBLE my ALPA garnish.....that's 4%....if the Neanderthal's who post here and are too stupid to realize they're being robbed, would justify ALPA's dues in any way....

This ain't a fraternity party or a football game. It's YOUR MONEY!

Quit being so proud of belonging to a group just for its own sake. The cost of this membership is high, with little to show for it except an empty 3-ring binder and some flashy stickers.....

Latest resources

Back