Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
anyone have any info....seems like they've been posting openings pretty regularly for the past couple of months but I can't seem to get them to call me back!?!?!

anyone have any info....seems like they've been posting openings pretty regularly for the past couple of months but I can't seem to get them to call me back!?!?!

It was an OK place a couple of months ago, but everything just went down the sh*ter! I have a couple of friends that work there and are bailing. The CP a friend of mine just gave her two weeks, another Citation III FO that has been there for only 6 weeks is leaving and another friend of mine is basically just waiting for that call from another job. The owner of the company is a complete prick! To quote him " The regulations and all of this crap about days off in a quarter does not apply to me!" true. I wouldn't go there unless you want to be gone all the time, get your days off taken away, see alot of pencil wipping and be there for no more than 2 months! good luck

I've got a couple of friends that work there and say they are loving it. It has been a couple of weeks sinced I talked to them but i can't imagine that it got that bad soooo fast? The new CP is also a great guy, I'll have to call him to get the skinny.

I've got a couple of friends that work there and say they are loving it. It has been a couple of weeks sinced I talked to them but i can't imagine that it got that bad soooo fast? The new CP is also a great guy, I'll have to call him to get the skinny.

Yeah, but with all due respect my good friend. If your friends came from
Scary Air then of course Imagine air is paradise! Listen guys, the place is just another low 135 operator. Like every place it has the potential to be great, but all I know is that I dont have the time nor the patience to wait around and see if that "employer" is going to get out of the bottom feeder list. If you wanna go, go and I wish you good luck. but keep your log book in order and be ready to get abused a bit. Maybe not as bad as some other places, but it does happen.

Flybet, you must be one of those guys that just hates your job and every company you ever work for. You won't be happy with any job you ever get from the looks of all your posts. Fly any more planes with broken elevator cables lately? That must have been scary. Can't say we've every had any thing like that. Scary Air huh?

Originally Posted by Flybet3
About 2 years ago I flew a caravan out of Cedar Rapids Iowa, my show time was about 9pm or so, DHL guys loaded my airplane I did the weight and balance started the engine and taxied to the runway. I got cleared for T/O so I powered up my PT6, at about 75kts the airplane rotated to about 20 degrees nose up. I tried pushing the yoke forward but the yoke was already full forward. So I began to trim like crazy forward. Got the airplane undercontrol and turned on the AP, then I re-did the weight and balance and after all the calculations I came to the conclusion that it was not a CG problem. Had a bit of a problem on the approach into CVG b/c the yoke had no more forward movement. So I had to use the AP all the way down to the flare. Before departing out of CVG I asked the DHL guys to load my plane a bit nose heavy. Took off and once again, nose went up high, this time I even got a steady stall horn, I just about pissed my self. I tried pushing the yoke and once again and nothing. So I trimed the living hell aout of it. The AP flew all the way back home, once I was on a downwind at CID turned of the AP and realized that I had a complete control failure. I tried banking the airplane, and nothing. So I used the AP once again the capture the LOC and Glideslope, and then basically landed the dang thing with the trim. Two hours later mechanics said it was a miracle that I was on the ground b/c the cables on the trim were broken as well. All the bolts and cables of the airplane were streched, and ripped.....lucky to be alive, someone upstairs must like me.

Last edited:
Flybet, you must be one of those guys that just hates your job and every company you ever work for. You won't be happy with any job you ever get from the looks of all your posts. Fly any more planes with broken elevator cables lately? That must have been scary. Can't say we've every had any thing like that. Scary Air huh?

someone upstairs must like me.[/I]

Actually I've only disliked (not hated) one job in the past. I enjoyed every job I've had, did I not like some things about previous jobs. Yeah, there's always room for improvement, and the negative influence from other employees doesnt help much either. Actually I am pretty happy where I am, soooo don't try to act as if you know me. And no I havent flown anymore broken planes thank God. Well maybe a few, but no controll problems. So where ever you think you're going with that you might as well drop it.

Latest resources

Back