Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hipster Loser

Registered Loser
Although the users on this board I'm sure, attempt to remain anonymous, have you ever wondered if someone has pinpointed or discovered your identity.

What I mean is, occasionally someone will post a scathing complaint about someone they just flew with or worked with, etc. The post usually contains enough details that if you were the guy the poster was complaining about, or berating, you'd know it.

Has it ever happened that you acutally read about yourself here or were concerned that someone might recognize you.

Does anyone mention this board to others, or acts coy about not being a contributor when it comes up with other pilots.

Last edited:
So which one of the stories was you?? Just kidding!

No seriously, I've always wondered the same thing myself. Especially in the small world of corporate and 135 gigs. You know that its had to have happened more then once on here!

Now whether anyone will actually take the bait and admit it on here might be another story all together!

no stories about me.

just curious if anyone recognizes themselves or if those who post wonder if they'll be recognized when they write about someone they cant stand flying with, or thier annoying habits, things they said, etc.....

not flame either.

thought i'd get more responses...guess no one wants to fess up!

If you post enough, people who know you will know who you are unless you are a total fraud here. I know several people who have ID'd me in person at my home base.

That's why I would never post in a public forum anything that would compromise someone else's integrity. Like that time when DA50Pilot was in West Virginia, and the old chick wanted to know if he was "one of those guys who thought her daughter was better lookin' than her."

Stuff like that.

Last edited:
I have disclosed my identity to several of my coworkers. It's not like it's a big secret or something. It doesn't bother me to have other people know who I am. I just refrain from posting stuff that would get me in trouble. It really isn't that hard.

-Goose

T-gates... That is the coolest little fire guy ever. I could sit and watch him run around for hours. Kinda reminds me of the good ole' days as a child pyromaniac

aLear31pilot said:
T-gates... That is the coolest little fire guy ever. I could sit and watch him run around for hours. Kinda reminds me of the good ole' days as a child pyromaniac
Immolation or self immolation has to suck big time, but I can appreciate the humor. Flame on! :D

Best example of someone getting busted was a good 3-4 years ago. Someone posted on here about getting screwed out of a jumpseat at LAX. Told his side of the story including mentioning another jumpseater. Think it was a 767. Well, the other jumpseater was also a member here and replied to this guys rant. Basically called him on the carpet as to what an a-s-s he'd been towards the flight crew. If I knew where the hell to find the post I'd put it up here. One of the best.

Mr. I.

Latest resources

Back