Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Resume Writer

Hi Everyone,

Quick update. I am home from the kidney stone surgery. It took about 45 minutes to complete. No longer do they put you in a tank of water. Just put some gel like pillow up against your back and blast the kidney stones like a video game shooting asteriods!

They were able to break up all the stones and now I will get the fun of passing them!!

I should be up and functional in the next few days. Thanks everyone for your concern over the past few days. Back to bed....

Kathy

Resume Writer said:
Hi Everyone,

Quick update. I am home from the kidney stone surgery. It took about 45 minutes to complete. No longer do they put you in a tank of water. Just put some gel like pillow up against your back and blast the kidney stones like a video game shooting asteriods!

They were able to break up all the stones and now I will get the fun of passing them!!

I should be up and functional in the next few days. Thanks everyone for your concern over the past few days. Back to bed....

Kathy

Glad to have you back, for a minute there I thought you had an HMO when you mentioned the "tank". LMAO!

We use thixotropic gel that couples to the Ultrasound to break up Renal Lithiasis and inter-ligamentous calcification, it works great!

Last edited:
Glad everything went well for you Kathy!

Sounds to me like the fun part is just begining! Just take advantage of this required down time and enjoy not doing anything.

But be sure and check in with us from time to time on here and let us know how its going!

Hey Kathy, glad to know you are better now!!!

Now I'm sure we can find a SAeinfeld episode with kidney stones ;)

Metro752 said:
How did you know you had them?

Metro, it is the worst pain possible! It felt like someone was constantly shoving a knife into my back below the rib cage and down in my lower left groin. It also makes me very sick when I get these attacks, with an upset stomach and vomiting. The pain will make you double over and you think you are going to die!

Not sure how else to explain it! :)

Kathy

Flechas said:
Hey Kathy, glad to know you are better now!!!

Now I'm sure we can find a SAeinfeld episode with kidney stones ;)

I am giving you that job to find it Flechas! :)

kathy

I always thought it felt like someone hit you in the kidneys with a baseball bat myself, they had to operate on me to get them all. Didn't have the litho then. on my face for 3 months

If you think kidney stones are bad, try pancreatitis on for size. It is widely known as the most painful medical condition on record. I hope nobody gets that, I had both, if I had a gun handy it would have been over.

Latest resources

Back