• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

I'm Still Alive!

Resume Writer

Registered User
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Posts
1,121
Total Time
16 yrs
Hi Everyone,

Quick update. I am home from the kidney stone surgery. It took about 45 minutes to complete. No longer do they put you in a tank of water. Just put some gel like pillow up against your back and blast the kidney stones like a video game shooting asteriods!

They were able to break up all the stones and now I will get the fun of passing them!!

I should be up and functional in the next few days. Thanks everyone for your concern over the past few days. Back to bed....

Kathy
 
T

TDTURBO

Resume Writer said:
Hi Everyone,

Quick update. I am home from the kidney stone surgery. It took about 45 minutes to complete. No longer do they put you in a tank of water. Just put some gel like pillow up against your back and blast the kidney stones like a video game shooting asteriods!

They were able to break up all the stones and now I will get the fun of passing them!!

I should be up and functional in the next few days. Thanks everyone for your concern over the past few days. Back to bed....

Kathy

Glad to have you back, for a minute there I thought you had an HMO when you mentioned the "tank". LMAO!

We use thixotropic gel that couples to the Ultrasound to break up Renal Lithiasis and inter-ligamentous calcification, it works great!
 
Last edited:

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Posts
1,959
Total Time
+1500
Glad everything went well for you Kathy!

Sounds to me like the fun part is just begining! Just take advantage of this required down time and enjoy not doing anything.

But be sure and check in with us from time to time on here and let us know how its going!
 

Flechas

........
Joined
Aug 2, 2003
Posts
1,964
Total Time
$$$$$$
Hey Kathy, glad to know you are better now!!!

Now I'm sure we can find a SAeinfeld episode with kidney stones ;)
 

Resume Writer

Registered User
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Posts
1,121
Total Time
16 yrs
Metro752 said:
How did you know you had them?

Metro, it is the worst pain possible! It felt like someone was constantly shoving a knife into my back below the rib cage and down in my lower left groin. It also makes me very sick when I get these attacks, with an upset stomach and vomiting. The pain will make you double over and you think you are going to die!

Not sure how else to explain it! :)

Kathy
 

Resume Writer

Registered User
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Posts
1,121
Total Time
16 yrs
Flechas said:
Hey Kathy, glad to know you are better now!!!

Now I'm sure we can find a SAeinfeld episode with kidney stones ;)

I am giving you that job to find it Flechas! :)

kathy
 

darkvw

Walang Anuman
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Posts
173
Total Time
many
I always thought it felt like someone hit you in the kidneys with a baseball bat myself, they had to operate on me to get them all. Didn't have the litho then. on my face for 3 months
 
T

TDTURBO

If you think kidney stones are bad, try pancreatitis on for size. It is widely known as the most painful medical condition on record. I hope nobody gets that, I had both, if I had a gun handy it would have been over.
 

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
8,573
Total Time
7,000+
left groin? There's more than one? :D
 

Resume Writer

Registered User
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Posts
1,121
Total Time
16 yrs
FN FAL said:
left groin? There's more than one? :D

Come on FN, I'm on drugs! :D I meant the left side of my groin.

Kathy
 

2000flyer

EASY FLYER
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,586
Total Time
5700+
Kathy, you had a baby. Kidney stones should be a breeze! ;)

All kidding aside, welcome back. Hope you get to feeling better SOON!!!

2000Flyer
 

Resume Writer

Registered User
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Posts
1,121
Total Time
16 yrs
2000flyer said:
Kathy, you had a baby.

Sssshhhh...don't tell anyone, but I actually had two! :D

The pain is getting somewhat better, but it is the pretty strawberry looking mark on my back that is so attractive. For $5 a piece, I will send you a picture!

Want to know what I found MOST hilarious? They had to MARK on my back WHICH side the kidney problem was on with a black marking pen. Apparently there have been too many screwups with wrong organs removed and performing surgery in the wrong places.

Kathy
 

2000flyer

EASY FLYER
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,586
Total Time
5700+
Resume Writer said:
Sssshhhh...don't tell anyone, but I actually had two! :D

The pain is getting somewhat better, but it is the pretty strawberry looking mark on my back that is so attractive. For $5 a piece, I will send you a picture!

Want to know what I found MOST hilarious? They had to MARK on my back WHICH side the kidney problem was on with a black marking pen. Apparently there have been too many screwups with wrong organs removed and performing surgery in the wrong places.

Kathy

Heck, if it meant getting the right organ, I'd let 'em tatoo it on me! :D
 
Top