• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm seeing double!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
any plane the POTUS is in is called Air Force One. if he was on an american airlines 767 it would be called air force one. the pres also has a 757 in that paint scheme, i believe

cforst513 said:
any plane the POTUS is in is called Air Force One. if he was on an american airlines 767 it would be called air force one. the pres also has a 757 in that paint scheme, i believe

If hes on the airlines or a GA aircraft, its Executive One. If its Navy, Army or Marine, its Navy 1, Army 1 or Marine 1.

cforst513 said:
Yes he also has a 757. It would always come into Phoenix along with the 747. He would typically use it to go up to smaller airports such as Flagstaff, or Prescott. Vice President is known to use the 757 mostly when he travels. I also saw a Gulfstream (IV or V??) there once or twice which was used to go to even smaller airports around Arizona. And of course the fleet is always rounded out by the C-5 Galaxy which would arrive a day ahead of the president carrying all the armored limos, and Secret Service Suburbans and equipment.

Like the other user said, Air Force One is strictly determined by what aircraft he's in. In a helicopter its Marine One.

Kream926 said:
they use one as a decoy, or so i hear

That reminds me of the last time I was in DC. We were walking to the Whitehouse when we heard 2 helicopters flying up the river in formation. As they approached our position, they broke formation with one making a 180 degree turn while the other turned towards the the Whitehouse, landed and somebody got out. We were too far away to see who it was but I have to assume it was the Prez.

Latest resources

Back