• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You say that Kenn lied and reneged on an expected payment to you because the union made him mad? And that's the union's fault? That's RH's and your logic?

Were you abused as a child? "I'm sorry I beat you, but your brother really pissed me off." So you blame your brother. I'm sorry for you.

The operative phrase in your posts, the one you really need to focus on is, "Kenn lied." How to best protect yourself against that in the future should determine your vote.

Yeah you don't need to be a prick either.

How is it Rick's fault Ken lied to him? He said if he had known it was going to happen he would have put his foot down but he was told something else was the plan before he left for jamboree. When Doug told him about the meeting his jaw dropped and he was as shocked as the rest of us. Buy he was right that we ha e a lot else to be thankful for that overshadows it lime the new insurance, the meal plan and the upgrades.

I don't know why you're all trying to make Rick or me for that matter the bad guy here. I beginning to wish I hadn't said anything knowing the Hoffa brigade would figure out a way to twist it.

Yeah you don't need to be a prick either.

How is it Rick's fault Ken lied to him? He said if he had known it was going to happen he would have put his foot down but he was told something else was the plan before he left for jamboree. When Doug told him about the meeting his jaw dropped and he was as shocked as the rest of us. Buy he was right that we ha e a lot else to be thankful for that overshadows it lime the new insurance, the meal plan and the upgrades.

I don't know why you're all trying to make Rick or me for that matter the bad guy here. I beginning to wish I hadn't said anything knowing the Hoffa brigade would figure out a way to twist it.

I don't see anyone being a prick to you, and you're the one calling names - I'm certainly no part of the "Hoffa brigade" and don't appreciate that label. And I didn't blame you, Rick or anyone else for Kenn's lies. It was you that blamed someone else for Kenn's lies. I and several others just pointed out the logical absurdity of that argument. You just did the same.

And I didn't blame you, Rick or anyone else for Kenn's lies.

Respectfully you are using completely flawed logic here. RH admitting he knows first hand that Kenn is a liar and then continuing to defend him makes him fair game and just as detrimental to our pilot group as anyone. Perhaps even more detrimental than Kenn himself since Rick is the hands, feet and mouthpiece of the king's edicts. If what is said here is true and he did in fact say Kenn lied to him, he has lost all respect from above and below. He is toast.

Well, perhaps not nearly as detrimental as guys like flexible who are greedily standing in line for our next serving of crap sandwich.

Don't worry; you can expense that sandwich no matter how costly, just make sure you eat it during dinner hours. Yet another one of Rick's lies.

No need to be prick. Sorry today is not the doom you were looking for.

I heard it with my own two ears. They are getting the bridge pay we always have as soon as they are eligible for it. They don't bridge pay at flops so score one for rick.

By years end we will have 120 flops over here in past 10 months. Add to that a $hit ton of upgrades That's more than a little backlog. It inly makes sense to get the flops online first. We didnt need all the new captains anyway so I dont know wha oyr issue is. Cool yer jets dude, it'll happen.

I am not being a prick, nor am I looking for doom. You are evading my question. The word "upgrade" is defined by pay. You can not name one single pilot who is getting that captain pay, therefore there has not been one single upgrade. That is not doom, that is fact. You are attempting to spin the fact that not one single pilot is getting captain pay. Spin is only necessary and if you can't speak plain truth. In other words, spin is lying. Calling you and RH out for that is not being a prick, it is simply insisting on truth.

... According to Rick, Ken lied to Rick too. It doesn't count as Rick lying to us if in good faith he only told us what Ken told him....

If that's true, then maybe it shouldn't count as Ricks lie, but it still counts for Ken. And if it is also true that Rick is telling people that Ken lied to him, then Ricks days are numbered when Ken finds out. The truth has always been fluid for Ken, it is one of the many reasons he has a unionized workforce, and it is amazing to me that you would prefer to work for someone that you say is a liar, without a contract.

Doh Rick did meeting at training center explained the process. no smoking gun and ppl are getting filtered through asap. There were small issues that have been corrected and we shouldn't have this same problem in a month.

if it's consolation Rick was caught by surprise with Ken's decision on the bonus. He was told one thing would happen, left for vacation, come back to the exact opposite been done. I felt bad for him. I think this while union thing is really getting him screwed. He knows first hand how working with Ken is and still feels we don't need the union meddling so I figure he know better than you. Reading between lines I'd guess what really happened was the union pissed Ken off enough to take away what had been agreed to. Future? Vote union, piss Ken off, it gets ugly.

Yep, think I'd rather take my chances with maybe than send in a card for a sure loss. Still though I admit every day brings a different decision.

Are you actually saying that the reason KR didn't pay a reasonable bonus was the POC/IBT made him mad? And, you think not having a union will make that better? You are in denial.

What part of "unpalatable" did you not understand? KR was NEVER going to pay a reasonable bonus.

Lastly, why would KR be "mad" about a single carrier filing? In his response letter he says he welcomes it and has been moving that direction since the sale.

(Also, proof read your posts before hitting the Submit Reply button, they make no sense at all.)

Okay, I sent a few texts, made a few phone calls, and here is the grand total of all "upgrades". Not one single FO is currently being paid captain pay. Zero, zip, nada.

Are you actually saying that the reason KR didn't pay a reasonable bonus was the POC/IBT made him mad? And, you think not having a union will make that better? You are in denial.

What part of "unpalatable" did you not understand? KR was NEVER going to pay a reasonable bonus.

Lastly, why would KR be "mad" about a single carrier filing? In his response letter he says he welcomes it and has been moving that direction since the sale.

(Also, proof read your posts before hitting the Submit Reply button, they make no sense at all.)

Make no sense but you figure out a way to respond. Already explained I'm on my phone only this week.

Not in denial just saying their explanation for everything seems reasonable so I'm going with it. There was union people right there so if Rick was lying they would have said something right? So it just is to me that's more evidence it's not all as doom filled as sine here make it siybd. Rick is not the bad guy here sorry.

I was anti union but almost sent in a card a couple months ago but glad I didbt. I grades are happened, new metal coming g in and next year well have 700 pilot work forforce. Ken Ricci coming in string for the win. But if that 700 is union I see Ken being a very different Ken and I'd rather take my chances. That's all.

I am still allow to have my own opinion in your version of America I hope.

Okay, I sent a few texts, made a few phone calls, and here is the grand total of all "upgrades". Not one single FO is currently being paid captain pay. Zero, zip, nada.

Because they're not IOE yet. No conspiracy. Try again. Rick said as soon as they are they will get bridge pay just like we did it under bombardier. No one being screwed. If you want to be mad red label getting OE first I'd be on your side but there's no truth that's what is hapoenibg.

Latest resources

Back