• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, the Teamsters have rid themselves of corruption to the point the government released them from oversight in January. "Warlord" (or the vp who is the alter ego) knows this full well. The in house comment is just a deflection. Even the Netjets pilots are being stretched thin trying to fund their court case. And they have proven management committed crimes. It would be a travesty if the criminals went unpunished because an in house lacked the funds to pursue justice. That won't happen with an international union.

Warlord -

30-60 days! That's great.

But doesn't that just prove the union's point the waterview is using the bonus to stall the union drive. Now we'll have to wait 2 more months to send in our cards?

Does seem like that's the plan and I don't appreciate my bank account being effected by these silly little games.

We agree on one thing, if there was no springtime union drive there would be no bonus or breadcrumb. I guess we should be thanking the union for that.

Does make me wonder how much more we'd get if all the cards were in and they announced a vote. Still doesn't mean we'd have to vote yes if we decided not to but it would appear the threat of a union is making KR pay out what he didn't want to.

I dunno maybe a union can do more of that in the future?

Do we even know how much yet? We all know it should be much higher than last year's so will it be? You talk like your an inside guy so can you give is any hints?

I'm hoping it's more.

Btw warlord you're wrong on rh. Even just a few weeks ago people still had some respect for him but lately all I've heard is negative. Sure he'll always have his group of 5-10 guys willing to die for him like every leader does including Ken but lately all people are saying is that he is different and just in it for him.

He never should have promised he'd stand up for pilots and leave or ask the question has he really done all he could before firing someone if he wasn't going to keep it. He should have just not said anything because now he just looks like a liar. His reputation is toast. He'll have his job but he lost his respect from a lot of people over the past few weeks. Lime I said it was a fast downhill slide.

I'll kiss his ass if it brings me my bonus though so what do I know.

Anyone have an answer?

No still Richardson for now, with a twist.

Word from the bird is there are plans under way to divide Cleveland and Richardson into split OneSky operation centers. So actually, some OPT tail numbers will be assigned to be scheduled out of Texas.

My understanding is they are working out the kinks with wogs and camps before they announce since they anticipate some pushback. Supposedly Flight Options union is on board, even participating in the operation blueprint (like they did with iwog) it'll be the flexjet pilots who will lose their $hit over it.

Just got back from breakfast. Rumor is the bonus will be 5k per pilot no differential between seats. True?

Not nearly enough. Not by a long shot.

There was a meeting this past Monday strictly about the 2014 Bonus and future bonus?s?it sounds like we will get the agreed bonus in 30-60 days, and a method of determining bonus?s in the years to come. If this doesn?t happen, I would expect a lot of union cards to be mailed in.

But Rick, you stated numerous times all over this board that pilots would see a bonus payout in early May or you agreed the cards should be sent in. As a matter of fact that you would send one in yourself. (Nice theater by the way!) Well, it's May 5 and you say another 2 months?

So I guess that means your card is in the mail? Glad to hear it.

Or did the union busters give you a new cock and bull story to sell. I guess your card will be in the mail on what? July 4th? How ironic.

I also think you are wrong about RH. He?s between a rock and a hard-place, having to deal with the demands of a massive change in the way we do business, learning the new methods of DAC, doing battle with the IBT, and still running everyday operations. I don?t think anyone could do it better, not withstanding all the little lemmings howls and mob mentality.

Since you are always accusing me of pretending, who's pretending now? I know it's not me. Talking about oneself in the third person is just weird. You're excuses are meaningless and make you sound like you have ovaries bigger than mine.

But, alas, you have proven yourself to be the who you are based on the the fact you love to make promises you have no intention of keeping here on FI just like you do Yammer.

Promises, promises. You'll meet with the Teamsters. Nope. You'll stand up for pilots. Nope. You'll make Yammer a level playing field. Nope. You'll make sure everything possible is done before someone is let go. Nope. You'll walk out the door back to the line the minute any one of your pilots is mistreated, unjustly fired or harassed. 6 times nope.

It is sad - the fall from grace. You and I have met. I actually liked you; thought you were very enjoyable and charismatic. I even commented your shiny bald head was kinda sexy; I love a me a man who's proud of his crown. But now I see it was perhaps just an act. You've told my husband you know who I am, that you were surprised to know we felt this way. So just go ahead and stop pretending already and I will come out too. I'm practically itching for it.

Your excuses are pitiful. You have it in you to be better than this. Everyone talks about history. Look at yours. You have it in you to be better, Rick. Start acting like it.

And stop selling Uncle's $hit sandwiches for pete's sake. If you don't stop now the smell will never come off.

No still Richardson for now, with a twist.

Word from the bird is there are plans under way to divide Cleveland and Richardson into split OneSky operation centers. So actually, some OPT tail numbers will be assigned to be scheduled out of Texas.

My understanding is they are working out the kinks with wogs and camps before they announce since they anticipate some pushback. Supposedly Flight Options union is on board, even participating in the operation blueprint (like they did with iwog) it'll be the flexjet pilots who will lose their $hit over it.
Haha haha!

There was a meeting this past Monday strictly about the 2014 Bonus.

Sooo, as I?ve said here before, I would go for an in-house union simply because it might be an easier way to express our common concerns with management. The IBT is corrupt as they come, with Cap?n Crunch leading the way. If you keep up with current events, you?ve noticed a national movement away from unions as the public and private sector are starting to realize the ?protection racket? nature of existing unions. If you want to lose all the good things and working relationships we?ve established over the years, then by all means vote in the Cap?n.
Regards,
WL

Meeting.....???????? Holy crap learn some freeking business, money is suppose to be transmitted to your bank account not talked about in some meeting.

"Loose all the good things".... You have already lost. Welcome to Flight options. How you go foreword will determine how much more you will loose.

I can't believe some Flex guys would consider not voting yes just because he decides to pay out a bonus when the vote is called. Tell me you guys aren't that naive and throw away a opportunity to negotiate a contract that would be binding and offer some protections, work rules. We lose the Union there won't be another contract here this decade. That's what he wants so bad is 5 to 7 years of total control before another contract might be in place. Your bonus will pale in comparison to what he will do in those 5 to 7 years. Please don't be so short sighted on this.

Why do you think all of the good aviation jobs out there are Union. Not because the CEO was a nice guy and wanted to pay the pilots. Everyone one of them has had to fight for pay and QOL.

Grow a set people and fight to have a career and not just a sh...ty job. And we're not perfect here at Options either. We have some crews here as well that drink the Ricci koolaid and willing to step on people for there own gain. But my best estimate is we're still above 75% solidarity here.

Your not going to want to work here without a Union. He will make so many changes in hopes that he loses 30 to 40% so he can bring in new cheaper and willing to work for anything blood. Look at WheelsUp. Always someone willing to work a ridiculous schedule for crap money. It's a Ricci wet dream.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back