• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FUD. Rupert. I see you've surfaced again. If KR wanted to do the right thing, why don't we have a 401(k) match when we have record profits? If KR wanted to do the right thing, why is he moving the growth away from Options? Because he doesn't want a penny going to the teamsters? How easily he forgets( or doesn't want it known) about his close association with the Democrats? Bill Clinton was his first big customer. So now, do as I say not as I do.

If KR wanted to do the right thing, why is he so intent on creating a B scale? Why did we have to fight for a CBA? And what happened to getting home at 1800 on day 8? What happened when he decided to take away domiciles for some but not others? What happened to us being the best paid in the fractional industry? I could go on but if you don't get it by now...

Thats funny, the union had absolutely nothing to do with the RIF pilots returning to work. That was 100% KR trying to do the right thing when he took control of the company again.

Dont do it Flex.

Now that's funny.

KR was on the HIG board when the RIF happened. It was probably his idea in the first place. KR simply wanted to ride in like a night in shining armor when he returned to manage Options. More importantly, KR didn't want any part of a huge lawsuite that he knew was coming his way since the company already settled a very similar one, only this time it was 70 pilots instead of 5 like in the original lawsuite. The payout would have been huge! As a reminder...

by Gordon Gilbert

AIN - October 8, 2007, 10:17 AM

A lawsuit in which four former Raytheon Travel Air pilots alleged they were fired because of their union-organizing activities when the company merged with Flight Options in March 2002 was resolved early last month, just days before the case was scheduled to go to trial in Cleveland.
Representatives of the litigants said they were not at liberty to discuss details of the resolution, other than to say that the issues in dispute were resolved to the satisfaction of the parties involved. The International Brotherhood of Teamsters reportedly provided the pilots with legal representation in the lawsuit, so the fired pilots did not incur attorneys fees to pursue the litigation.
The case was an outgrowth of unionization efforts by Raytheon Travel Air pilots before the merger. A majority of the pilots there were apparently headed toward a pro-union vote, but instead voted it down on the eve of the merger in early 2002 largely because of a plea from then Flight Options chairman and CEO Kenn Ricci.....

Last edited:
Thats funny, the union had absolutely nothing to do with the RIF pilots returning to work. That was 100% KR trying to do the right thing when he took control of the company again.

ROFL:laugh::laugh::laugh: You are either the most credulous, naive pilot at Flight Options, or you are a shameless self-promoting sycophant of KR's.

I will bet you my ticket that the Union had EVERYTHING to do with the RIF pilots comming back.

Stick that in your lie-hole Rupert.

Have the Options pilots been invited to apply for the G450 positions?

Why bother, they are going to hand pick the ones they want anyways. This is just a way for management to size up the pilot group and see which ones are willing to walk on the backs of their brothers to get ahead.

Uh, your given the opportunity to get a new type-rating and fly a large cabin aircraft. Some folks will want to do that, others not(I don't). 993 offers the typical IBT response.
WL19

Uh, your given the opportunity to get a new type-rating and fly a large cabin aircraft. Some folks will want to do that, others not(I don't). 993 offers the typical IBT response.
WL19

"Typical" has been proven by history at FLOPS, so no its not IBT, its the company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back