Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lead Sled

Sitt'n on the throne...
I'm here at the DFW FlightSafety facility for 2-1/2 weeks for DA50 initial. I love BBQ. Where are the good places to eat?

Bbq

I'm a Sonny Bryan's fan. Several locations in Dallas. Also Mike Andersons BBQ House is a good one we used to frequent.

Save a night for a hop over to Three Forks. One of the best steaks I've ever had in Dallas and a wine selection to match.

I've heard that Baker's BBQ downtown is worth a try but have never been there. Happy eating.

There is no good BBQ in Texas. They are under the impression that BBQ should be beef, and dry at that.:puke:

X

It's been a few years since I lived in the area, but ask the sim folks if North Main BBQ in Euless is still open. They are an experience to be had. They're located in an old gas station just north of 183 and they're open Fri, Sat, and Sun "until we run out". North Main has won a lot of awards in competitions and the walls are covered with all sorts of signed photos from celebs and athletes who've dined on their "Q".

Pulled pork w/ vinegar-based BBQ sauce. Ummmmm... (Guess that leaves out TX and KC.)

Hey, 'Sled, I never knew you liked BBQ. ;) TC

There's a good place in Ft. Worth down at the stockyards but I cant think of the name right off the top of my head.

Lead Sled said:
I'm here at the DFW FlightSafety facility for 2-1/2 weeks for DA50 initial. I love BBQ. Where are the good places to eat?
Spring Creek BBQ is pretty good (for a chain)...

Also, while you are there, go to Boi Na Braza for some excellent Brazilian BBQ... If you can do lunch there, it will save you a ton of cash, but if the boss is paying, head over for dinner... Go hungry, leave stuffed!

Falcon Capt said:
Spring Creek BBQ is pretty good (for a chain)...

Also, while you are there, go to Boi Na Braza for some excellent Brazilian BBQ... If you can do lunch there, it will save you a ton of cash, but if the boss is paying, head over for dinner... Go hungry, leave stuffed!
I ate at Spring Creek BBQ last night. It was pretty good. I'm taking notes on all of the other recommendations - keep them coming.

"So many BBQ joints, so little time..." :beer:

'Sled

Latest resources

Back