• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im now officially to be embarassed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah, they got in trouble for using the riddle ATC lab and also for flying in formation with our a/c, which is a big no-no. the airport in question is OMN.

LowlyPropCapt said:
What are they calling Ormond Beach these days... I thought it was OMN. Granted it's been about 8 years.

180 hours of flying in the DAB area? Neato. I did 2500.
it's still ormond beach. it has a tower now, though. i've only done 2 low approaches at OMN, never touched the ground there.

LowlyPropCapt said:
What are they calling Ormond Beach these days... I thought it was OMN. Granted it's been about 8 years.

180 hours of flying in the DAB area? Neato. I did 2500.
I'm hoping to get out before hitting 2500...but we'll see what the future holds. :D

Its still OMN...

Air Force Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT).

I thought as long as both pilots agree, formation flying is OK? I can understand if the FBO that owns the planes doesn't want them in formation, but can they really get in any hot water with the FAA?
Please don't judge all ERAU guys by this video, but it does show how motivated these guys are about flying. Do you need something in your life beside aviation? GOD YES!! but, at this point in there career I think being motivated is good.
The problem is usually guys like that let flying go to there heads and they become extreamly arogant. If I was an employer or skipper of a squadron I would squash there balls. Arogance in aviation, I feel, can truly lead to at a mimimum to conflict in the cockpit at worst to someone so something really stupid.

Bjammin said:
Air Force Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT).

I thought as long as both pilots agree, formation flying is OK? I can understand if the FBO that owns the planes doesn't want them in formation, but can they really get in any hot water with the FAA?
Please don't judge all ERAU guys by this video, but it does show how motivated these guys are about flying. Do you need something in your life beside aviation? GOD YES!! but, at this point in there career I think being motivated is good.
The problem is usually guys like that let flying go to there heads and they become extreamly arogant. If I was an employer or skipper of a squadron I would squash there balls. Arogance in aviation, I feel, can truly lead to at a mimimum to conflict in the cockpit at worst to someone so something really stupid.

it's legal per the FAA but according to our renter's agreement, formation flying is not allowed.

Latest resources

Back