• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a New Hire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah yes, Al's Garage. We want you to come in only at night with all of your lights off. But, it's perfectly safe according to our chief pilot...

I try to avoid going to the sandbox as much as possible.

LJ35 is what you will be using in your logbook!

here is an 'official' reference is someone questions you, wait I should have said when someone questions you! the world is full of....

ICAO designators

Actually for the Logbook I believe it should be LR-35... LJ35 is the ICAO designation for filing flight plans.... The Type Rating is LR-JET, not LJ-JET...

Just like the Falcon 50.. we use DA-50 in the logbook (my Type rating is a DA-50 Type) but for filing flight plans you use FA50...

Type designators

I'd go with what the FAA puts on your ticket. Whatever the FAA says is good enough for me.

Here's an on-topic question:

For those who have flown both the 35 and 55, what are the major differences I'll have to deal with? My first 55 flight starts tomorrow afternoon, the 14th.

I don't have much time in a 55 (maybe 20 hours) but about 1,000 hours in the 35...

The 55 has less performance than the 35... The 55 is probably the "pig" of the Lear family.... No tip tanks for it is lighter in the roll, without as much need to lead the roll-out (due to less mass at the tips...

It was about 7 years ago that I flew the 55... sorry I can't be more helpful!

Have fun and fly safe!

Falcon Capt.

Might as well bring it up to the front so everyone knows what you are talking about in "I'm a new hire II. Otherwise it will be like a star war movie, I'm still trying to put it all together and figure out who is who and what is what. I guess the only way it will all make sense to me is to watch all six movies all the way throught.

Latest resources

Back