Illinois Pilot Registration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sleddriver71 said:
Washington State does the same thing and I believe it's $10 as well.

As of 2005, WA no longer requires pilots to register. But, instead of collecting $10 from each pilot, they emposed a $0.01/gallon tax on avgas and Jet-A.

AGuyThatFlys said:
As of 2005, WA no longer requires pilots to register. But, instead of collecting $10 from each pilot, they emposed a $0.01/gallon tax on avgas and Jet-A.

Buy a fuel saving car and see what happens: Uh-oh, spaghetti oh's!

http://sports.autoblog.com/2006/03/27/oregon-testing-mileage-based-road-tax-system/

The Beaver State is investigating a new method of assessing taxes used to bankroll state highways. Instead of collecting money via gasoline taxes, Oregon is testing a GPS-based system which levels taxes based upon miles driven.

By switching to such a system, the state would not lose revenue with every resident that purchases a more fuel efficient vehicle.

The 'black box' system keeps tabs on how many miles are racked up both in and out of Oregon's borders, as well as during rush hour, and levies taxes on the totals accrued.

Predictably, the creation of a database that monitors the travel patterns of drivers raises some troubling privacy concerns, even for those who don't regularly harbor 'Big Brother' conspiracy theories.

As things stand, Oregon derives some 80-percent of its highway funding from its 24-cent-per-gallon tax, thus the move towards more fuel-efficient vehicles stands to negatively impact the state's coffers by millions of dollars.

FN FAL said:
Buy a fuel saving car and see what happens: Uh-oh, spaghetti oh's!
Wow... I thought Oregon was filled with tree hugging environmentalists, and they want to discourage buying fuel-efficient cars?

woofer_77 said:
Wow... I thought Oregon was filled with tree hugging environmentalists, and they want to discourage buying fuel-efficient cars?
Feel "fee" to move about the county!

FN FAL said:
They aren't taxing your license, it's a "fee". And in addition, they are primarily placing the fee on a resident's operation of a vehicle in their state. Which they have every authority to do. If you don't believe states can't regulate vehicle operation, grab one of those 4.99 a 36 pack of Olympia and taxi about the airport tossing the beer cans out the storm window. The local cops will be taxing that ass.

Yeah, it is a tax. Not on your license, but on you as a pilot. I don't care if they call it a fee, it is still taxation. I mean heck, if I go to the store and get a $2 loaf of bread, I pay a 6.5% fee (tax) and the bread cost me $2.13 to get it out of the store.

Metro, they do send you those little postcards and letters that tell you when and where the nearest safety siminar will be. That is about it.

Lear Wanna Be said:
Metro, they do send you those little postcards and letters that tell you when and where the nearest safety siminar will be. That is about it.
Well there ya go, taxation with representation!

FN FAL said:
Well there ya go, taxation with representation!
They be re-presenting the safety seminar next week. Hahahahahahahahah...I kill my self, I am funny. I'm a funny guy.

FN FAL said:
They be re-presenting the safety seminar next week. Hahahahahahahahah...I kill my self, I am funny. I'm a funny guy.

No not really. More posts than flight time equals a wake up call to get a life. LMAO

Lear Wanna Be said:
No not really. More posts than flight time equals a wake up call to get a life. LMAO

:beer:

"By not leaving the house and spending money (acts which are taxed in one form or another), it's my way of sticking it to the man!"

"But ... you are The Man."

"Uh-huh."

"So, you're sticking it to yourself?"

"Maybe."

Latest resources

Back