• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Illinois Pilot Registration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand the legalities of this, but I do not see how you can be taxed for holding a federal license. I just asked 7 people here at the airport, DO YOU HAVE ONE, two people had them. (i AM IN illinois)

Looks like we'z all gonnza gets aristed! Oh wellz! I've never gotten this letter in the mail anywazzz, HMMM!

I hopez they don't comes lookin -4-, I guess I'll have to go LAND in Cheeseland or Hoosierville.

I guess they have to pay for the bulldozers to tear up Meigs Field somehow.

Why am I not surprised the mailing address is on Langhorne Bond Drive in Springfield? That guy was an absolute Doofus as an FAA Administrator.

It's a fine example of states sticking their panhandling frelling hands into the pockets of people for no fracking good reason other than they write the laws and can do it.

Bunch of worthless political fertalizer brained puttyazzed pissant nitwits. And AOPA wants me to send them money when they cant stop this kind of political hooliganism...

May pidgeons forever favor their cars with their droppings!

Last edited:
I have lived in Illinois my whole flying life and I refuse to give the state money for my federal license.

Now I'm curious: Since people--myself included--have strong feelings about this, and compliance is understandably less than total, has anyone ever been ramp checked and asked to produce the registration card?

It is not in the regs so I just ignore it. I encourage my friends not to do it either. It is a waste of ten bucks. They even send you one of those out of date state sectionals (2001).

Foxcow said:
They even send you one of those out of date state sectionals (2001).

Yeah, and how about Illinois Aviation? I'd hate to miss out on seeing what the reliever airport of the year is. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back