• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Illegal charter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That sounds good from an FAA public-relations standpoint, but in fact they haven't been "prosecuting" this at all. It goes on blatantly today, perpetrated by aircraft operators the FAA has known about for years. I can recall no major prosecutions or civil penalties levied against non-certificate holding private aircraft owners for flying pseudo-charters.

Apparently you missed Platinum Jet and that minor little ten million dollar TAG operational control debacle.

Both TAG and Platinum were found to be operating as uncertificated air carriers by the FAA and fined accordingly. They were operating charters illegally.

Both TAG and Platinum were found to be operating as uncertificated air carriers by the FAA and fined accordingly. They were operating charters illegally.
I know, but what I am referring to is aircraft owners who are not even pretending to be charter companies, but are conducting flights for their country-club friends and fraternity brothers, basically for hire, but without making any pretense whatsoever of conforming to commercial air carrier regulations. This is an even more pervasive problem than the TAG and Platinum cases, where the entities were actually holding out as commercial carriers.

Not sure what the difference is, but you are probably right in that the number of violations is much greater.

Some very big dollars though are with large publicly held companies that pay millions to the CEO for the use of te CEO's a/c when on business and the a/c isn't on a certificate. This information is easily obtained through their annual reports and SEC filings.

Apparently you missed Platinum Jet and that minor little ten million dollar TAG operational control debacle.

Sure, but we didn't miss your company's pilots destroying TWO airplanes. Maybe you should be studying: V1= GO!.....Land on farmhouse= BAD!

The intelligence must have run from your ears one morning and never come back...this is a thread about illegal charter, you see.

Work on the comprehension skills, and get back to us.

As for mishaps under investigation, perhaps you're unprofessional enough to make unfounded, idiotic statements regarding what happened, but fortunately for those involved, most of us have the respect and fortitude to wait for official findings.

That said, the individuals who elected to put the airplane down when it clearly would not fly did so by avoiding populated areas and seeking the darkest, clearly least populated area they could find. Word is that the government of that country is considering awarding the crew medals for what they did...so you might try treading lightly in your ignorance.

I would rather ride on an "illegal charter", than on one of your company's airplanes.

Not sure what the difference is, but you are probably right in that the number of violations is much greater.

Some very big dollars though are with large publicly held companies that pay millions to the CEO for the use of te CEO's a/c when on business and the a/c isn't on a certificate. This information is easily obtained through their annual reports and SEC filings.
I agree, and whereas it may seem like a minor or negligible difference, the TAG and Platinum cases involved charter companies that were holding out to the public as such, whereas the customer would not necessarily know that these companies were not properly certificate. The even more egregious phenomenon is the "134" operator that is below the radar and flying people who might (nay, probably) would otherwise be customers for legitimately-certificated air carriers.

I would rather ride on an "illegal charter", than on one of your company's airplanes.

Quite alright. You'll never get the chance.

You'll apparently never have anything to contribute to this thread, either...:rolleyes:...no surprises there.

--Out of curiosity, I checked back ten pages of mcnugget's posts, and didn't find a single meaningful contribution to any thread, before getting too bored to go on. Just one of the mindless trolls for which (unfortunately) flightinfo is well known. Now seems like a good time to put him on the "Ignore" list.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back