• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IFR holding in VFR Phoenix

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PHX desperately needs a second North runway but it won't get it.
PHX controllers are okay but I admit that since I checked out I haven't had to fly in here in IMC.
The climate in PHX is dreadful. Anything over 75 degrees is too hot for me. Even Wisconsin is unpleasantly hot for me a good part of the summer. It's rarely too cold for me. Winter coats were invented for a reason. Nothing you wear can protect you from the heat-island in PHX.

Even Wisconsin is unpleasantly hot for me a good part of the summer.

You gotta love those summer thunderstorms in WI which cool things down 20-30 degrees when thry roll through. I agree though, PHX can get unbearably hot at times, the last few days havent been too bad but it has been noticebly more humid.. oh well I'm back in WI for now.. :)

TWA Dude said:
PHX desperately needs a second North runway but it won't get it.
And if they do that, then what do you propose we do with all the strip-bars and crack-houses on the north side of the airport?? ;)

Totally agree with you though on the second North runway.

TWA Dude said:
The climate in PHX is dreadful. Anything over 75 degrees is too hot for me. Even Wisconsin is unpleasantly hot for me a good part of the summer. It's rarely too cold for me. Winter coats were invented for a reason. Nothing you wear can protect you from the heat-island in PHX.
Amen. At least up north you can alway put on more clothes to keep warm. There's only so much that you can take off to try and keep cool. There is a solution to the problem though - move to San Diego. :D

'Sled

User997 said:
And if they do that, then what do you propose we do with all the strip-bars and crack-houses on the north side of the airport?? ;)

Totally agree with you though on the second North runway.
Mesa (the city, not the regional carrier) has a pipe dream of starting scheduled service into IWA and I've heard news reports in the last couple of months that there are interested carriers.

Confidence is high among the "powers that be" around that place, but we'll just have to see.

Lead Sled said:
Amen. At least up north you can alway put on more clothes to keep warm. There's only so much that you can take off to try and keep cool.. :D

'Sled

Hmm....I really don't have a problem with this when its women we're talking about! :D

MSP seems to always be holding traffic. CLE is awful for the "reduce speed to 170" a LONG way out.

Latest resources

Back